Over the last two weeks Nadia has been asking me to let her go off the diving board, and Thursday I finally agreed to her request. If she was the only child I was taking to the pool I would have said yes the very first time, and I would have been waiting in the deep end for her, but that wasn't an option given I'm holding Oliver and keeping an eye on Ian at the same time. She hadn't been wearing her arm floats at the pool lately because she doesn't need them in the baby pool or two feet deep part of the pool, but I had her put them back on for the diving board. She loved it! She made many more trips off of it on Friday, and I snapped these photos then, as I didn't have my camera with me on Thursday. Sometimes it takes time for a child to have the courage to try something, and other times it takes time for a parent to have the courage to say "yes" to a child's request. Now if she could learn to swing and ride a bike without training wheels.
In preparation for her birthday I took her shopping Thursday night to buy her three birthday balloons at the Dollar Tree and select wrapping paper, princess paper plates, and such at Walmart. The balloons she picked this year were: Tinkerbell, one with a few princesses on it, and a cupcake shaped one that read "Happy Birthday." I also bought the kids some pool toys since we're spending so much time at the pool these days. At my urging yesterday Ian did share some of his toys with some other kids who were playing in the baby pool. The torpedoes were the most popular.
Paul didn't hear anything from Kansas, which means they picked someone else. Even though we didn't really want to move there, it's discouraging to be 0-9 thus far. At four schools he had a phone interview but didn't make it to the last stage, and at five schools he made it to the final stage (with three of those he had a phone interview first) but wasn't picked. He'll be interviewing with #10 (at the phone interview stage) on Wednesday afternoon. I've submitted 81 applications thus far.
2 comments:
Marryn has those same floaties!! Yes, I totally understand about having the courage to say yes and children growing the courage enough to jump...Jonah took a while, he just started jumping this year and he'll be 9 in July...she's brave!!!
Wow how brave! Sara would be more likely to do this than Evan he has zero interest.
Post a Comment