As we were about to leave this morning, I snapped a photo of Oliver in his car seat because I wanted to compare his picture today to that taken on 9/2/12 when he was in a car bed for the first time as he was discharged from the NICU that day. One of the things that has me a bit nervous about the prospect of possibly being pregnant again is that I'm terrified of having a fourth child be in a NICU. The truth is that it's now a distant memory now that Oliver has been home for a year. Yes, it's difficult to go through at the time, but it doesn't last too long (although it might feel that way when you're going through it). He was absolutely worth all we went through during the pregnancy and the first 10 weeks of his life when he was on oxygen and such. I am so thankful that he has been so healthy over the past year. Aside from the two eye appointments to make sure he didn't have ROP and the two appointments involved with getting him off the oxygen, he has only had well baby visits over the past year. Thank you, Lord! He should have had urology surgery some time over the past year, but we were waiting until we were on Blue Shield insurance so we could have the surgery at CHOP rather than at our local hospital. Hopefully we'll get our ID number this week so I can finally schedule his first urology appointment.
We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Monday, September 2, 2013
Safari!
As we were about to leave this morning, I snapped a photo of Oliver in his car seat because I wanted to compare his picture today to that taken on 9/2/12 when he was in a car bed for the first time as he was discharged from the NICU that day. One of the things that has me a bit nervous about the prospect of possibly being pregnant again is that I'm terrified of having a fourth child be in a NICU. The truth is that it's now a distant memory now that Oliver has been home for a year. Yes, it's difficult to go through at the time, but it doesn't last too long (although it might feel that way when you're going through it). He was absolutely worth all we went through during the pregnancy and the first 10 weeks of his life when he was on oxygen and such. I am so thankful that he has been so healthy over the past year. Aside from the two eye appointments to make sure he didn't have ROP and the two appointments involved with getting him off the oxygen, he has only had well baby visits over the past year. Thank you, Lord! He should have had urology surgery some time over the past year, but we were waiting until we were on Blue Shield insurance so we could have the surgery at CHOP rather than at our local hospital. Hopefully we'll get our ID number this week so I can finally schedule his first urology appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment