Our pastor titled his three week series on gratitude with the archaic word "gramercy." Today I am thankful for #1 Paul bringing home pizza for dinner. Out of the blue this morning while I was doing school work with Nadia, Oliver came up to me and said "Daddy get pizza." to which Nadia and Ian immediately chimed in with similar requests. It is the first time I ever remember Oliver putting in a request as to what we were going to eat for dinner, and I was impressed that he realized the way we would have it would be if Daddy brought it home. So later I called Paul and asked him if he could bring home pizza, and he was happy to do so. All five of us love pizza!
#2 My parents made it safely to Chicago yesterday.
#3 Ian is REALLY taking off with his reading. I need to take a new video. He absolutely knocked my socks off this week as I had him start reading the second volume of the Level 1 reader (All About Reading), and he is doing a fabulous job. He read some for Paul this evening, and Paul was also thrilled. Way to go, Ian!!!
#4 I am so thankful for the many miracles that Oliver represents - overcoming placenta previa, fetal anemia, and being born 9 weeks early. Today I finally got around to looking up the IVF data for 2012 for the clinic we used. That year they did 142 IVF cycles, and 20 of those cycles were with fresh embryos from non-donor eggs of women who were between 38-40 years old. I was in that group, as I was 39 when the egg retrieval was done. Of those 20 cycles, 2 were cancelled prior to egg retrieval, 4 retrievals didn't make it to embryo transfer, and 12 embryo transfers did not result in a pregnancy. I was one of two women (out of 20) in that age range who did IVF at that clinic that year and ended up with a baby in her arms. 90% of the women didn't end up with a baby. Wow. Thank you, Lord!
#5 For the first 2+ months of the semester, Paul was getting up very early on MWF (sometimes before 5am and usually by 5:15). He has been staying in bed until at least 6am the last couple of weeks, and I greatly appreciate this. Now if we could just get Ian to sleep through the night again!



No comments:
Post a Comment