1. Although I still have a cough and need a lot of tissues, my energy level has returned to normal, my fever is gone, and my throat isn't sore. YAHOO! I was particularly appreciative that my energy has returned because Oliver decided to wake up at 5:22 this morning (and he didn't go back to sleep).
2. Nadia, Ian and Paul had fun playing "whacky golf" in our church's gym last night.
3. Nadia and Ian enjoyed a program at the public library this afternoon. They each received a free book and made two crafts. Ian cannot wait until the corn husk doll dries so he can glue "hair" (corn silk) on it.
4. Ian ate his dinner tonight! He didn't eat the chicken corn soup last night (finally ate it around 10:00 this morning), but he learned his lesson and ate it within 45 minutes this evening. Oliver of course loved it. One of these days Ian and Nadia will start liking SOME sort of stew or soup. I hope anyhow!
5. We had a fun lunch trying some colonial recipes. Nadia made popovers (the American Girl cookbook called them "Breakfast Puffs"), and she also helped me make hasty pudding. I made the "dressed eggs". Oliver and I were the only ones who ate our hasty pudding. Nadia and Ian each took a few bites and decided they weren't fans of it. Nadia, Paul, and I all enjoyed our dressed eggs. Paul didn't think he'd like them because he doesn't like cinnamon, but he learned that he likes nutmeg (which was the spice used, not cinnamon). Everyone except Paul enjoyed the popovers with some apple butter. I don't cook every recipe that is suggested in our curriculum, but we do some of them!
6. I got some GREAT deals at CVS today. Almost everything was free (about $30 worth of stuff - just based on the sale prices not the original prices) because they are giving you extra bucks that equal the cost of the items plus I had a couple of coupons. If you have a CVS near you, I recommend going there this week!
7. Paul was able to fix the vacuum cleaner (that has been broken for a couple of weeks). He got it running again, but he says it's on its last legs. One part that needs replaced costs over $100 so it seems wiser to just buy a new vacuum cleaner. We've had this one for 13 years. I was thankful though to be able to vacuum all the carpets today! I've heard good things about Dyson vacuums. I would appreciate any feedback anyone has on those!
8. My parents made it back safely to MD today.
9. My brother took the GRE this morning, and he earned a perfect score on the verbal section!!!
10. I found out today that we were given an extra "exchange" through our time share! It has to be used in the next couple of months so we are thinking of going somewhere within driving distance in early January. An exchange means you pay $200 (or less) for seven nights at a resort. Of course my first instinct was to say let's go to the Caribbean, but the airfare wouldn't be a bargain. An unexpected vacation will be wonderful, especially if we can work it out so a couple of those days are a getaway for JUST Paul and I. :) Maybe we'll go snow skiing for a day!


No comments:
Post a Comment