The past two months we have been staying home all day on Mondays. Since I signed Nadia up for an eight week session of gymnastics on Mondays from 4:00-5:30, we will be venturing from home each Monday afternoon for that. I will be taking Nadia to the class, and Paul will be picking her up at 5:30 on his way home from work. We were out and about this morning as well, and although the kids enjoyed the birthday party for Dr. Seuss at the library, I am grateful that normally we're at home on Monday mornings. After the party was over we went into the main part of the library so I could check out some books. They have many toys, puppets, computers, etc in the children's area. Ian and Nadia do just fine, but Oliver just wants to RUN and be loud. Lovely. It was pretty much impossible to keep him under control AND get books from the shelves. I could only do one of those two tasks at a time. This made me VERY grateful that the library allows you to request books online, and they have them waiting for you at the front desk. Paul usually stops and picks them up for me. Until Oliver is more mature, this will definitely be the way I will go. I am so glad that Paul can pick Nadia up at 5:30 when her class is over. He was teaching until 7:52pm on Monday nights in the fall so I had to hang out at the library or a playground with the boys during her class. I am so glad I can just take them right back home. Once the weather is nicer, I'm sure I'll take them to a playground during at least part of her class, but today we will just head home and have dinner.
The advertisement for today's event mentioned cake. I had told the kids we would be having birthday cake. Thankfully they either forgot or didn't care because they were perfectly satisfied with the pretzels, goldfish crackers, and apple juice the librarian had available at the party. She read them several books and had activities around the room set up for the kids to do such as throwing balls into a Dr. Seuss hat, "pinning" a yolk on a large green egg, counting goldfish (one fish, two fish), etc. The publicist for the library took a picture of Ian (doing the goldfish activity) and had me fill out a press release form because she was submitting the photo to a newspaper. Nadia was in the newspaper once in her costume at a different library. Oliver was wearing the costume today that I bought for her in 2011. I will post a picture below of her wearing it four years ago. A walk down memory lane for this momma!




No comments:
Post a Comment