finished and the kids got on their costumes we headed out to go to the library and have dinner at Wendy's (using a gift card one of the kids got from their grandparents at Christmas) before heading to the Wax Museum. For the first 45 minutes the kids were setting up their displays and then going around and seeing what the other kids had done. Then for the next 45 minutes parents, grandparents, and other adults who attended the event walked around and asked the children questions about their person. I had asked my kids to pick someone from the Revolutionary time period because that's what we've been studying lately. I told them next year they can pick someone from 1860's to the present. Nadia is thinking of picking Lillian Trasher next year. The Revolutionary time period was well covered tonight as there were two George Washingtons, two Ben Franklins, one Marquis de Lafayette, one Betsy Ross, one Abigail Adams, and one Patrick Henry. I took one photo of my two kids plus the boys who did Patrick Henry and Lafayette.
I'm sure I can't list every character that was represented tonight, but some that I recall included Neil Armstrong, Amelia Earhart, Roy Rogers, Wright Brothers, Jane Goodall, Lucille Ball, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Milton Hershey (2), Henry Ford, Maria Tallchief (2), Einstein, the man who wrote the story of Spiderman (Stan Lee), and an artist (can't recall which one but the girl who played her is standing in between "Abigail" and "Lucy" in this picture. I am grateful that the science fair and wax museum projects are DONE. Now to have the kids finish making their valentines for the homeschool valentines party next week. I'm glad they had this opportunity, but it meant I didn't get much grading done for the university today. Hopefully I'll get caught up tomorrow. I did manage to do some laundry, but that was about it as far as housework today.
P.S. I know Ian is really wearing an outfit that looks like Washington rather than Franklin. I figured at least we hit the right time period, eh?






No comments:
Post a Comment