much closer to home. Last fall I had thought about only being 50% next school year, but earlier this spring I had told Paul I thought I could do one more year FT. One year of FT is worth more than 2 years of 50% because of things like the $6K they'd pay for Nadia and Ian's braces. When I saw the schedule I realized that if I was FT next spring I'd be leaving the house around 6:30am (which is not my preference) and would have ten student teachers - who most likely would be located farther from my home than my five are this semester. I did notice that no one has claimed the online math class this summer, which means most likely I will be asked to teach that. On Monday I felt like cancelling the interview and just staying at home next year, but I realize this is not the time to be making big decisions. So I am grateful I have at least a month to make that decision. I could participate in the interview to keep the option open and take even more time to decide as last year they didn't make an offer until the end of May. Part of me is hoping they don't make an offer until June because we will have a new Provost starting June 10, and if I'm returning next year I'd like to try *again* to be put back to
Associate Professor or at the very least Assistant Professor instead of Instructor.
Today I put some energy into trying to get the documentation I will need to file Maurice's taxes. I already had his W2 from Penn. Today I received one from the church in MD, and I made contact with UT Austin today regarding getting a reprint of his 2018 W-2. They said they had mailed it to Maryland, but it wasn't in the box that Yvonne mailed me of his mail that was at that house. On Sunday I uploaded some videos I had recorded over the past month. Over the next several posts I plan to include videos from skiing and such. The pictures in this post are from Saturday.






No comments:
Post a Comment