Monday, February 11, 2008

BRRRR!


Saturday we got some snow, and we got some more on Sunday. Over the course of the day on Sunday the temperature plummeted, and it was still freezing cold today (less than 20 degrees). With the windchill, it was below zero last night. I saw I needed gas when I was driving home from choir practice last night, but I immediately thought I'll ask Paul if he'll fill my tank after dinner on Monday night. At dinner tonight I asked him if we could trade cars (we drove separately) so that he could stop and get gas for my car on the way home. And my sweet hubby said yes even though he had braved the elements this morning to get gas for his car. While I'm bragging on dh, in the materials the nurse at the OB gave me 4 weeks ago, one of the activities listed to avoid while pg is to clean toilets (bc of the fumes from the cleaner). So I asked dh if he would clean our 2 toilets yesterday, and he did. And cleaning toilets is only a little less repulsive than changing a diaper in his opinion, LOL.

The weather doesn't look good for tomorrow. Paul will stay home as Tuesday is the one day of the week he doesn't have class or a lab he needs to be a TA in. He usually still goes in but in light of the weather already told his advisor he won't be in tomorrow. I'm not sure what will happen with my OB appt. I might end needing to reschedule it. Patience IS a virtue, right? Also not sure about whether I'll have class tomorrow night. We shall see!

Since I bragged on dh, I think I can share a funny story as well. I showed him some photos online that my sister sent today from Adam's bday party yesterday. I thought the photos were cute off him with chocolate icing smeared all over. Paul found the photos "revolting." He said something like I hope you aren't planning on doing this with our child. I said, yes, it's a pretty standard thing to do for a child's first bday. He kept saying that it's so disgusting - "there was chocolate everywhere, all over the high chair." I just laughed and laughed. He said well if you give our child cake for his/her bday then you alone are responsible for cleaning up the mess. That's fine, but I think Paul is in for a rude awakening that when our child is learning to feed him/herself that even if it's not chocolate icing it can be a very messy experience.

1 comment:

The Adventures of Jing and Ying said...

Ok, I am LOL about Paul being squimish about a messy child. Boy, is he in for a rude awakening once baby arrives! I have photos of our 1st daughter covered in spaghetti sauce and noodles. And another photo of my daughter naked, covered in white paint (long story!).

My DH was the same as Paul, in the beginning. 4 years later he is a pro about messes. He even changes poopy diapers without gagging, LOL!!!