Well actually it should be called an "Ice Day" as there's very little snow and quite a bit of ice. If we had ice skates we could use them on the sidewalk and driveway right now as they are covered with a sheet of ice. My university even closed and that almost never happens. All the school districts from our house to where Paul goes to school closed, but not Paul's university. However his advisor wrote him and encouraged him not to come it. Paul emailed the prof of the class he would have had this morning as they were taking a quiz today, and she wrote back and said he can make up the quiz on Monday. She said it was ridiculous they were open today; she said her normally 5 minute commute was terrible. I can only imagine what Paul's normally 45 minute commute would have been like! So this is turning into a four day weekend for me as I am usually home on Thursdays and now am home today. Yesterday I was home alone, but today I get to spend the day with hubby. That sounds very nice!
So I am now FOUR months pg. YAHOOO! I have reached the 16 week mark!! I didn't call the OB yesterday. I am trying to wait a couple of days to see if maybe I'll be able to feel baby move. If not, I'll probably call Monday and try to move my appt up a little bit. Maybe I'll eat something really sweet today and that will get baby moving? I actually haven't craved sweets as much as usual while pg except I have still craved fruit. I definitely don't crave chocolate or ice cream anywhere near as much as usual!
After the embryo transfer I would often put my hand on my belly and talk to baby. Well since the BFP I have done that more. Usually at least once a day I would put Paul's hand there and say something like "Daddy says hi too" or "Daddy loves you also." I think at first Paul thought it was really a goofy thing to do. Well he seemed sort of neutral about it somewhere along the way, and now this week for the first time he initiated it on his own which thrilled me! :-)
4 comments:
Ruth,
When I was pg with my daughter grace after 2 losses I had many fears about the bay and how she was doing. But my dr. said any time I needed reassurance that I could pop in and have a nurse do the dopplar so I could check on my girl. I would call and explain your situation and I bet they would have you come in for a quick check too. Just a thought
4 day weekend and 4 months pregnant...Woohoo!!!!! :)
Stay inside, bundled up, and veg in front of the tv...works for me!
E.
I just now saw the voting thing.
I think you're having a girl!
E.
oh how sweet!!!!! dh taliking to the baby!!!! sweet- sweet - sweet! wait untill you see him holding your little bundle -- you will see him in a different light than ever before!!!
Post a Comment