Monday, February 11, 2008

Tomorrow!!!

I am very, very glad my appt is tomorrow. I felt a little silly last Monday just moving my appt up 3 days, but I have to say I am glad I did it. Although last time it was a let down to "only" hear the h/b when I was hoping to see baby by u/s, this time I know that's all it will be and although of course seeing baby would be even better, hearing the h/b is enough for me right now just to reassure me that baby is still doing okay. My mtg in State College for tomorrow afternoon was cancelled this morning due to inclement weather predicted for that area tomorrow, so I could have taken the 1:30 appt tomorrow and not missed ladies Bible study. But I'm not going to call again to switch my appt to 1:30 (and that time slot might have been taken already anyhow). I don't want them to think I'm an annoying patient who changes her appts all the time. Tomorrow I know to just schedule my next appt exactly 4 weeks later if at all possible. And I believe I'll have an u/s (probably with the MFM clinic) before my 21w OB appt. So the wait between appts shouldn't be as long this time, and hopefully SOON I'll feel baby move. Once I am feeling baby move I don't think hearing the h/b will be so important to me.

We have a 2 hour delay at school today, and it has nothing to do with the weather but rather a power outage on part of the campus that happened last night. So I am home later than usual this morning. It worked out well as my friend, Cheri, came over for a Bible study this morning for about 90 minutes. We are finishing a study on Daniel together. We both had started the same study (Beth Moore) at two different churches but neither of us had finished it (I started it in the fall of 06 and she started it in the fall of 07). So I still had my "ladies Bible study" this week but it was just a really small group, LOL. The ladies group on Tuesdays at my church is doing a study by the same author on the Tabernacle. That's the one I'll miss tomorrow.

Tonight Paul and I are going out to dinner. Paul doesn't like to go out on actual Valentine's Day since so many go out that night. Since I don't have handbells tonight as I usually do, tonight is our best night. So we are headed to Applebee's tonight. They are having a special where you get an appetizer, meal, and dessert for $10-12 (depending on what main meal you order). Pretty good deal I think! Plus we have gift cards for Applebee's so actually it won't cost us a dime. I wish we had an Olive Garden nearby; it's been a long time since I've eaten at Olive Garden. Paul feels the same way about Red Lobster. We have to travel about 1 hour to get to either of those restaurants. The ones that are within 15 minutes of our house include Perkins, Cracker Barrell, Charlie Brown's Steakhouse, Quaker Steak & Lube, Applebee's, Denny's, Ruby Tuesday, and Bennigan's. I think that's pretty good considering what a rural area we live in (our home is surrounded by fields used to grow corn, alfalfa, pumpkins, etc.).

Finally, I have to say that I love my pregnancy pillow. It was worth every penny. It wasn't cheap; it probably cost the same as one appt at a chiro or massage therapist. The very first night it helped relieve the hip pain, but my lower back was still hurting. Last night even my lower back felt fine while sleeping. PTL!!! I keep thinking of the children's book the Best Nest. I think this pillow qualifies as the best pgcy nest, LOL! Once I have a camera I'll take a photo of my nest. :-)

3 comments:

Tamera said...

I too am currently in Beth Moore ladies bible study on Tuesday mornings! We are doing the Fruit of the Spirit. last fall we did Jesus, the one and only. Love the author! I hope to do her breaking free study next!
My dh and I did Applebees Friday night with our 6 year old and got the combo meals too. Very yummy! He had the ribs and I had the grilled chiken with cheese and noodles. Too many things in common today!!

can't wait to hear about your appt. be sure to ask what the heart rate was....those old wives tales are fun too.

Ruth said...

I haven't done the Fruit of the Spirit, but I've done the one on the life of Christ and Breaking Free. They are both good studies. I think my 3 favorite B. Moore studies are #1 Tabernacle (this is actually the 2nd time I've done this particular study, #2 life of Christ, and #3 life of Paul). This summer we're going to do her new one on the Psalms of ascent. The group at my church is doing a study by a different author in the fall, but next spring they plan to do her study on Esther. So if we don't move I plan to do that one next spring. They have a nursery.

When I have the h/b checked again I'll try to find out the rate. The OB didn't tell me last time, and I asked the RE 3 times and he never told me at 6w, 8w, or 10w so I am starting to wonder if I'll ever be told a h/r, LOL! But it won't hurt to ask again as it will be the first time I asked Dr. O that question. Dr. A used to say "good" and I was thinking I want a NUMBER! :-)

The Adventures of Jing and Ying said...

I'm glad that the pillow is providing some relief.

Good luck at the doctor's. I'll be thinking of you.