We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Butterflies!!!
Well I have picked a theme for the nursery - butterflies! At the shower today you could tell the theme of Noreen's nursery is bunny rabbits. If we don't move prior to her arrival, I will turn the purple bedroom into the nursery (light purple walls and darker purple carpet). I will switch dressers as the dresser in the yellow/blue bedroom is the height that will work well as a changing table whereas the dresser that is currently in the purple bedroom is very tall. I wanted to pick something feminine, but I also wanted to pick something that is not SO "babyish;" I think that butterflies will work well for several years although if we live in that house longer than expected (4 years) I might need to redecorate once she feels she's to an age that she's outgrown or is tired of butterflies. Shopping for girls is sooooo much fun! I added some butterfly items to both registries. I tried to keep the expensive items to a minimum, and I think I did well with that as there is only one thing over $40 on the Babies R Us registry, and only two things over $40 on the Walmart one (activity mat, crib mattress, and high chair). I tried to include many items that were $10 or less. I get frustrated when I am shopping with a bridal or baby registry and all the items are really expensive. I guess the one nice thing about putting say $200 items on your registry (which I didn't - everything is under $100) is that several people can go in together to get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Butterflies is a GREAT theme that will last for a few years....so girly but not too baby-ish. I can't wait to see pictures!!!
I love that idea!
Cute! Unique!
Post a Comment