Today I am going to have lunch with a friend from where we used to live. She'll be at my university for a conference today. I am really looking forward to seeing her. We worked together for 7 years, and I miss her! Tonight Paul and I are going to dinner at Bennigan's as we have gift cards for that restaurant and they're having a special where you get an appetizer, entree, and dessert for $10.99. I'll have a salad as my entree. :-)
Today will end with a class on nursing for me from 7-9pm at the hospital. When we got the brochure of all the childbirth classes, we signed up for three, and we've already done the other two (tour of L&D and infant/child CPR). The other two were free, and this one only costs $10. Hopefully it will be helpful!
2 comments:
I hope you class was good this evening. My BF class was great. The most helpful thing I learned was if it hurts, the baby isn't latched properly. So many of my friends who had tried nursing quit becuase it hurt. I am passionate about BF.
I actually disagree with the comment above (no offense). It's true that it hurts MORE if there's a bad latch, but (for the women I've talked to anyway) it will still hurt quite a bit even if it's a good latch. I guess for lmstephenson this wasn't the case, and that's great, but I mention the "normalness" of the pain because some women get discouraged thinking they "must be doing something wrong because it hurts," whereas for many women, myself included, there was excruciating pain even with a good latch, for the first ten days or so, with both of my kids. Be prepared with lanolin and know it'll probably be painful at first but well worth getting through that "toughening up" phase. After you get toughened up, though, no pain at all (unless they try biting you, months down the road, but that's another story)! And yes I agree, BF is great!
Post a Comment