Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stocking up!

Well after ladies Bible study this morning, I plan to do a BIG shopping trip. First, I need to buy some stuff for dinner this Friday night as I have invited a colleague of mine and his family over for dinner, and they have relatives staying with them so actually there will be 4 kids (2 young ones plus 2 middle schoolers) and 5 adults including Paul & I. I am meeting them at Knoebels first, and then they are coming back to our house for dinner. The kids have never been to Knoebels; I think they will have fun! However, the main reason I plan to buy more food than usual is that I am trying to stock up. First, I plan to stock up on the nonperishables that Paul often uses for breakfast and lunch (Raisin Bran, cans of tuna, chicken noodle soup, etc.). I'm trying to make the grocery shopping simpler for the month of July. Second, I am planning to cook some meals this month and store them in the freezer. I've never done that before, but I think it will come in handy to have some meals that can be defrosted and reheated after Nadia is born. At the minimum I am going to freeze a pan of lasagna, pan of tuna noodle casserole, and a pan of a chicken casserole. Paul likes to have pizza almost every week so I am sure he'll be glad to go pick up pizza for us during the time I am in the sleep deprived stage of motherhood. :-)

No comments: