Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Gorgeous!

Well for the last week we have had absolutely GORGEOUS weather. Yesterday it even got up into the 80's! Wow! I haven't been outside tooo much as unfortunately that doesn't bode well for my allergies, but when I have been outside, it's been a pleasure! That is one definite perk of this house. Having central air has definitely been a blessing for my allergies (compared to having the windows open at our other houses). The other thing that has been GORGEOUS lately are the trees. I try to take notice of them during my commute on I-80 as the longer commute doesn't exactly thrill me. There is one stretch in particular that I wish I could take a picture of as the colors (orange, yellow, etc.) are so vibrant and such a beautiful combination, but I don't think I can safely take a pic while driving, LOL!

Paul's parents put Nadia to bed at 6:15pm last night. That was good for Paul as far as studying last night, but it meant she got up EARLY this morning and since I didn't go to bed until 9:30pm I am one tired Momma. So I plan to go to bed very early tonight as I'm pooped. The sleep book I have recomends a bedtime between 6-8pm for ages 5-12 months, getting up at 7am, first nap at 9am, second nap at 1pm, and 3rd nap possibly around 3pm or so. Nadia seems to get up about 11 hours after she goes down which means on average she's getting at least 10 hours of sleep a night. Anyhow I have been aiming for bedtime to be between 7-8pm so that she doesn't get up earlier than 6am. I'd say the latest she's gone to bed the last few weeks would be 9pm. She often gets up around 7am and then goes down for her nap around 8:30am. Does this seem about right as far as a bedtime at this age (7-8pm)?

Tomorrow she's having her pictures taken at Walmart. I hope she SMILES, and we get some good photos! Well considering we're getting 30 pictures for $4.99 I can't be too picky. I also want to go grocery shopping tomorrow and do some cleaning around the house. I did a little spackling and painting today and then decided it was better if I leave those tasks for Paul to do later. It won't be too time consuming (just doing touch up painting), and he'll do a much better job than I am able to do. I also want to mow the lawn sometime in the next few days. It really needs mowed again surprisingly. I also want to finish weeding before I mow. My arms aren't too itchy any more thankfully.

Paul is taking his quantum mechanics exam as I type. I suggested that he spend the night with his friend Kirk since he would only be home from 10:45pm to 6:45am. I figured it would be better to save that 2 1/2 hours of travel time for studying or sleeping than driving. I was surprised that he was hesitant at first. He didn't like the idea of being away from his peanut! :-) I said well even if he came home he doesn't usually see her at all during those hours (I've done all the middle of the night feedings for several weeks). It was very sweet how he didn't want to be away from his girl. He kept coming back in the kitchen and kissing her goodbye before he left at 10:45 this morning. Awwww.... I will admit there was a little part of me that thought wait a minute I only got ONE kiss goodbye and he didn't seem bothered at the thought of being apart from me for the night, but then I was just so moved at how much he loves Nadia that I decided it was very sweet and didn't bother me that she got more goodbye kisses than I did. I am soooo thrilled that Paul is such a devoted Daddy!!!!!

At one point while spackling in the kitchen, I put Nadia in the high chair so she would be close to me while I was working. She smiled at first, but my timing wasn't as good with the camera today. So even though it's not a smiling pose I need to commemorate the first time Nadia sat in a high chair. Of course it will be a bigger deal when she's actually eating solid foods. :-) Speaking of which, I know some start rice cereal at 4 months and others wait until 6 months. Anyone want to share their thoughts on when to start rice cereal? I won't start it until the pediatrician gives the green light. She will see her new doctor towards the end of the month. Can you believe next week she'll be FOUR months old. Wow.

3 comments:

Believeitwillhappen said...

We did 4 months and started fruits and vegtables as soon as Evan started eating his cereal well. At six months our Dr said start meats and seven months she told us table foods. New foods are such fun, Nadia will love filling her tummy and having new textures and flavors. She is such a doll!! A note on the formula deal, be careful after you open it. It goes bad not long after the 30 days. I Don't know if there is anyway to extend the shelf life but it turns a funny color and smell funny when mixed.

lmstephenson said...

We started Lane on cereal at 4 months. It is more for practice than anything else at that point. My friends who are speech therapists for First Steps start giving their children cereal early. They said the children of parents who wait too late have difficulty learning to eat. They have to work with a lot of children who have feeding issues so I trust their judgement.

TylerandBrianne said...

I have always put my 2 down later b/c I am not a morning person and want them to sleep later. Brianne at that age went down between 8-9 and still goes down at 9pm now. At that age we would have a nap around 9 or 10 and then around 2. Usually there was a cap nap between then and bed but it was not a "formal nap." It is hard to remember b/c Brianne had colic BAD. I personally chose to hold off on solids for Tyler till 6 months. He had no interest in food and was satisfied with bm. Brianne was 5 months. She is my eater and wanted to eat so bad. I also did not do table food till late. At 4 months their stomachs are so immature. I read somewhere that if you feed too early the baby has a higher risk of adult diabetes.