Yesterday as the day progressed I started to come down with something - sore throat, headache, etc. Because of how I was feeling I decided not to go to handbells last night. Nadia went down at 7:00 (and only cried for 5 minutes before she fell asleep), and I was in bed by 7:30. Unfortunately she woke up at 9:45 which is VERY early for a first feeding (usually it's around midnight at the earliest). The next stretch was 4 hours but then she woke up at 3:00 only 45 minutes after she had gone down last. I was very frustrated as usually the stretches are at least 2 hours long these days. It's been many weeks since she got up that soon in the middle of the night. I checked her diaper to make sure that wasn't the problem, nursed her for 5 minutes, and put her down again and thankfully after crying 5 minutes she fell back asleep. Normally she goes down without crying during the middle of the night, but I was too tired to do another feeding such a short time later. She got up for the day at 5:30 which was earlier than I was hoping. I was determined to take naps when she went down but unfortunately today has been a tough day as far as napping in the crib even though yesterday I got her down easily for two naps (plus Paul had her down for an hour yesterday morning). I am torn whether I should go to the doctor or not. It might just be a virus. I do feel lousy that is for certain. On top of that we have had rain and very strong winds today, but east of us it has been snow and freezing rain so I am concerned about driving to and from school tonight. It's only October for Pete's sake!!
Yesterday I finally took two videos of Nadia. It's taken me long enough! I've been planning to video her cooing for two months. I took another this morning and posted one of the ones from yesterday and also today's here on the blog. The next video I want to make is of her laughing, but I need Paul's help with that as I can't get her to laugh while I'm holding the camera. I want to start videoing her at least once a month as I know I'll treasure these in the months and years ahead. I'm already kicking myself that I didn't take any the first four months. Well at least I took lots of pictures. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment