Friday, October 10, 2008

Missed My Girl!!!

Well let me start by saying yesterday was just a really good day. The weather was gorgeous (and will stay that way the next few days - what a blessing!), I had fun with my sweet girl, and I got LOTS of work done such as two loads of laundry, one load of dishes, graded papers, finished thank you notes, did some more unpacking and decorating, etc. It felt great!!! Last night wasn't nearly as great in terms of Nadia sleeping. She slept 2 hours then nursed and then slept 5 hours and then nursed and then slept 3 hours.

I left the house at 7:30am and picked up another prof along the way and headed to the University of Scranton where I had a 4 hour mtg. During our brief lunch break I wanted to pump. I asked the prof from U of S who was hosting the mtg if there was an office or conference room or something I could use for 15 minutes to pump. She suggested the bathroom. I should have found the batteries for the pump. It was a challenge. If I left the pump in the middle between the wall where the sinks were (and the only outlet) and the stall then the cords to the parts I needed to use reached just under the stall door with like two inches to spare. So I had to kneel on the floor of the stall (in a skirt) and get myself as close to the stall door as possible and as close to the floor as possible to be able to use the pump. Also this was the first stall closest to the door (the closest one to the outlet) so women coming in to use the bathroom had to step over my pump which was making it's lovely pumping sounds. Needless to say I pumped for as few minutes as I thought I could get away with. I think I got 3 ounces in 5 minutes and said that's it for now! I was ever so glad when we were reunited at 4pm (that's the longest I have ever been separated from her during the day and I sure hope it doesn't happen again any time soon!!!). I missed the gal something fierce, and boy did I want to nurse her!!! She gladly obliged being fed and snuggled, and she even waited til Mommy came home to have a big poopy diaper. Wasn't that nice of her to not make Grandma change an icky diaper? Paul watched her til 10:30 and then Grandma took over from 10:30 til I got home. Thanks, Grandma!!! On the way home I made a quick stop at BRU and purchased three items for Nadia: a mesh bumper so her arms won't get stuck any more, another valance as there are two windows and it looked funny to have one valance stretched across the two windows, and another sleep sack so that if she has an accident I have a spare one. It was my first trip to BRU since she was born.

As an aside, Nadia didn't have any formula on Wed or Thurs and that's probably the first time in her life she went two full days w/o any. I pumped Wed morning and Paul used that, and since I was with her all day on Thurs I didn't need to use any bottles. Of course today she had a fair amount of formula since I was away from her so long, but now there are 3 ounces in the freezer for Monday since I pumped today. I brought ice packs with me to keep it chilled til I got home. Thursday the only time I left the house was to go grocery shopping, and I went to the same one last week. It's nice to have a nice store only 5 minutes away! Well I planned to buy one can of formula just to have as back up for when she's being babysat in case I didn't have enough pumped milk for her.
Since the weather is supposed to be really pretty the next couple of days, I really, really want to do yardwork this weekend. That's the highest thing on my to do list right now along with getting the cross-stitch that my sister made for Nadia's room framed as well as one more of my Grandma's paintings framed. One other thing I'd like to accomplish soon would be a haircut. Boy do I need one, but I am not sure if that will happen. Of course as always there is more grading to do, but if that doesn't happen until Monday then so be it! Paul and I worked on hanging a couple more pictures this evening, and this weekend I also want to hang the valance I purchased today. I am having dinner guests for the first time on Saturday night so it's my goal to having the house as close to finished by then as possible. I don't care what the basement looks like or the closet in the spare bedroom so the boxes that are yet to be unpacked will probably be hidden there. It would be nice though to unpack Paul's books before then though. None of his boxes have been opened yet, and there are quite a few!!! Well it's off to bed for me as Nadia has been down for an hour, and I always try to go to bed within an hour of when she goes down. Have a lovely weekend!

No comments: