This is a really expensive day for us medically as I paid $528 at the dentist and also paid $8,200 for the ivf. Well if I want to look at the bright side, at least some of these expenses will be tax deductible since we'll exceed the percent that isn't tax deductible this year. The reason I paid the ivf bill today is because our appts were moved from Thursday to tomorrow. Paul found out last week that he needs to attend a meeting this Thursday. So I had called and asked if Paul's appts could be moved to some other morning this week. I figured my appts couldn't be moved as when I called in January to set these appts up she said they only do them on Thursdays. Well they must have changed that policy as the nurse called this morning and said all our appts could be switched to Tuesday. The good news is that means Paul won't miss his research group meeting on Thursday. His advisor has been out of the country for a couple of months so he didn't think it would be good to miss this meeting.
The bad news is that I found out we have to sit through the class again. Ugh. We sat through this in June 2007, and I learned only one thing then - the fact that they cancel a cycle if there are less than 4 follicles, and they won't do a fresh transfer (FET only) if you have 30 or more. I am not expecting to learn anything tomorrow. She said if it's been more than a year since you had the lecture, you have to do it again (husband AND wife). I wanted to say - ask me any question, and if I can't answer then we need the class. Isn't there a CLEP test, LOL? I am trying to work on my attitude. I keep telling myself it's just one hour, but for some reason it's REALLY annoying me. Well Nadia will be with us so that will make it much more pleasant. :-)
I'd appreciate prayers for tomorrow morning. I found the SHG (saline ultrasound) to be more painful than the HSG (dye test of the fallopian tubes) even though it's supposed to be the other way around, but the really excruciating part was when they measured out the uterus (mock transfer). I could hardly bear the pain even though the actual transfers didn't hurt. It was more intense pain than the pain during labor, but of course it only lasted a few minutes compared to 19 hours of labor. :-) The doctor said mine was more painful than usual because #1 my cervix is tighter than "normal" (I was told that with my first IUI in 2004) and #2 my uterus is titled a little to the left so he said having to put the catheter at a sharp angle made it more painful. I am going to take an Advil prior to the appt to see if that helps. At least I am expecting it to be painful this time. It was a shock to me last time. I started the bcp a few days ago so I guess we are officially back in ivf mode. It will all be worth it if we see two lines on the hpt in 2 months! Last time we were there for 4 hours and 15 minutes. I'm hoping we're not there that long tomorrow as that will be a long time for Miss Nadia!!!
Yesterday Paul's parents and our niece, Brandi came up to visit for a couple of hours. Of course the reason they came to visit was not Paul or I. :-) Today's photo was taken right before we left for church yesterday morning. She was sleeping, but the flash woke her up, which was fine as I was about to wake her up anyhow. Yesterday was a two nap day, and both naps were about an hour long. Due to not sleeping as much during the day, I was unable to keep her up until 7:30-8:00pm as planned. She went to bed about 6:45pm which was her usual bedtime prior to the time change, and she woke up at 6:35. So even though I didn't want her to - she switched to the new time, LOL!!! I can't believe it. My plan for a couple of months had been to keep her body on the same schedule and shift the time she went to bed and got up by one hour when the clocks went forward. Well for some bizarre reason, on the same day the clocks went forward, so did her internal clock. Go figure! The good news is she slept almost 12 hours last night whereas she usually only sleeps 11. I'm still going to try to shift her bedtime and wakeup time, but pretty soon I'll probably give up and accept the fact that she's a morning person and likes to get up between 6:00-6:30am. :-)
2 comments:
I wonder if after having a baby if that will make a difference for your test? I would think your uterus and cervix would have changed to some degree after having a baby. Also, I remember my 1st c-section. It was the worst. The unknown is what did it. When I had my second I knew what to expect and therefore no surprises. I managed the pain mentally better. I think you will find it the same for you. At least I hope so!
I was thinking the same thing as Temera, maybe that you've had a baby it might not hurt as much? Either way, good luck and I hope you're suprised by how much it doesn't hurt this time!! I'm rooting for you all, I can't wait to hear about your BFP! :D
Post a Comment