
I know there are people who are not big chocolate fans like my sister, Yvonne, and Paul (although he loves certain kinds of chocolate candy like PB cups). I love chocolate. I wouldn't consider myself to be a true "chocoholic" in that I don't like just plain chocolate, but I do really enjoy things like chocolate chip cookies, brownies, chocolate peanut butter ice cream, and candy that has chocolate with other things like peanut butter or caramel. I usually go months without eating a piece of candy. Yesterday as I was going through the mail on my desk at work, I discovered a card which said I had been "caught in the act" (doing something good). Someone had nominated me to receive this little award, and a Snickers bar was included with the note. Well it was perfect timing. I wasn't feeling well due to the vicious AF I am having. It reminds me of one I had in 1993. That one was so bad that I fainted while teaching my 6th graders. Ironically I had called my Gyn that morning as I was concerned and was told not to worry about it. I think passing out proved it was pretty bad! Anyhow even though I was determined to get back into diet mode this week, I didn't even think twice about consuming that candy bar last night. It tasted oh so very good and helped me get through teaching my class last night.
I weighed Nadia on our scale this morning, and with a dry diaper plus her clothes she now weighs 19 lbs. I assume next week at the doctor's office she'll weigh maybe 18 1/2 or something like that. She seems to be right on target as the last 3 months she's been gaining about 1 lb a month. I think she's tripled her birth weight (6lb 2 oz). She's certainly a lot bigger than when we brought her home from the hospital at 5 1/2 lbs!
This morning I had my b/w to check my ovarian reserve. It's actually been 5 years since my FSH has been checked. They didn't check it faithfully since I always was so easily stimulated. My E2 has been checked more times than I want to count over the last 6 years. That was also done again this morning. Low numbers are what we want to see for both of those on cd2. Although there are treatments for male problems (like ICSI) - they haven't come up with any way to treat egg quality problems except to suggest you use donor eggs. I keep thinking there are women who have babies in their 40's so surely I can't be "too old" yet at the age of 37 (which I'll turn prior to egg retrieval). I certainly stimulated very easily less than 2 years ago. Hopefully I'll pass this test with flying colors.
1 comment:
Ruth!! I have been off of the computer for awhile and am catching up on blogs....Nadia is amazing!!! I cannot believe how big she is getting. So beautiful!
Post a Comment