Thursday, April 23, 2009

Meow!

The first animal sound Nadia learned to say is "meow." Let me tell you I am definitely jealous that not only has she said dada for months before saying mama, but meow came before mama, and we don't even have a cat! If we had a pet, I'd understand this more. Oh well. Some day (hopefully soon!), she'll say mama. I know I'm her favorite person on the planet even if she doesn't say my name yet. :-) I noticed she was making a sound similar to meow after hearing it on the "See & Say" toy. So I pulled the lever to have the dog, bird, etc make their sounds and sure enough she only made her little meow sound after the cat. Later in the day if I said "meow" she'd say it back to me. It's soooo cute!!!

This morning we're headed to the RE for an u/s and b/w. I can tell there are a lot of follicles growing as my ovaries are getting very tender. My left arm is very bruised. I am definitely offering the phlebotomist my right arm today. Hopefully she won't have trouble getting blood out of it. That arm is not nearly as "cooperative." My belly is fairly bruised up also. I've had 29 shots in my belly so far this cycle. Tonight's shots will be #30-31. I should be getting near the end of belly shots though. I would think the latest I'll be stimming is Sunday. Presuming the RE says I don't have to come back tomorrow (I'm assuming Saturday will be my next appt), I'll be driving to MD from the RE and hopefully arriving by 2pm. My parents are taking me out to eat tonight to celebrate my bday. At first I was leaning towards Olive Garden as that would be better for Nadia (I'm sure she'd love the breadsticks and I know she likes pasta), but I think I'll pick a Mexican restaurant as Paul doesn't like Mexican food so I can easily go a year or more without going to one. I may not have been to an Olive Garden in a long time, but I have had pasta more recently.

Tomorrow morning I'll be headed to the Convention Center in DC for the NCTM annual conference. Another prof told me on Tuesday that this one pays you $2 per person who attends your session. I've never been paid to speak at a conference before. I hope lots of people come to my session. Sometimes I have less than 10 people, but the last time I spoke at this venue (a different conference however) I had well over 100 people attend my session. Maybe that will happen tomorrow! :-)

The weather didn't cooperate yesterday as far as taking a walk, and I didn't finish the grading like I hoped to, but I did accomplish my other goals. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous starting tomorrow, and in fact they are forecasting a high of 87 on Saturday for our area in PA. Unbelievable! I am not really wanting the 80's yet, but considering how cold it was on Monday this week, I won't complain. :-)

2 comments:

TylerandBrianne said...

How often does you RE have you come in? My first appointment was after 4 days of stims. This group does fewer US and labs than my other RE in TN.

Sprout's House said...

ALL I hear is DADA DADAAAAAAA... it would be nice to hear Mama, even if it is just once! LOL Oh well, someday soon I am sure I will hear Mama.

Ugh, the needles, b/w, tenderness so on and so forth... Blech! I am keeping you guys in my thoughts that this is the cycle.