Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Since this is my 900th post, I thought I'd write nine things in honor of Paul, my dad, and Paul's dad. I wanted to post a pic of Nadia & Paul today, but the opportunity didn't arise. I'll try to do better with taking and posting pics of Nadia this week.

1. I am thankful for my father-in-law. I am proud that they've been married 42 years. I greatly appreciate that he's willing to take time out of his work schedule to come babysit Nadia about once a month on average. Pop Pop loves Nadia; he even wanted to take her on a recent trip to NV for his niece's wedding. :-)

2. I am thankful for my dad and the fact that he and my mom will soon be celebrating their 40th anniversary. Of course I aquired more important characteristics from him, but one thing I got from him is a love for the Pittsburgh Steelers. :-) Nadia doesn't know Grandpa very well yet, but I think in the years to come as she spends more time with him, she'll get to know and love her Grandpa.

3. A special memory of our first week in the hospital as a family of three was watching Paul's face just light up when he'd see and/or hold his little peanut. Priceless.

4. Paul tries to get home early enough almost every night so that he gets at least a little time with Nadia before she goes to bed.

5. He comes home early from work twice a week to care for her when I'm at work - once to pick her up from the babysitter a little earlier than when he usually comes home and another day he comes home 3 hours earlier than usual to watch her at home.

6. Paul is very concerned about Nadia's development. Sometimes his expectations are a bit unrealistic, but I do love the fact that he cares so much about her learning to read, count, etc.

7. When Paul is watching Nadia, he gives her 100% of his attention (I can't say the same for myself, but of course I spend far more hours with her each week than he does).

8. He is very concerned about Nadia's safety as evidenced by taking the time to install cabinet locks, gates, etc. She learned the meaning of "be careful" from her Daddy saying it VERY often.

9. Paul had never changed a diaper before in his life, but he changes a few of Nadia's diapers each week (even poopy ones!).

No comments: