As of today I am 8 weeks pregnant (1/5 of the way through if I go full-term). I can't wait for the next ultrasound. I also can't wait until I get to the stage where I can feel the baby moving. Doctor's appts aren't as big a deal when you have daily reassurance that the baby is alive and well. So far there are some similarities and some differences between this pregnancy and the last one. The morning sickness is about the same. Sometimes it lasts all day, and other times I only have it in the morning. Eating more frequently helps, and eating sweets makes it worse. Although poopy diapers don't usually bother me, the nausea is often intensified by smells so changing poopy diapers in the morning is rather unpleasant these days. The heartburn is better this time. Usually if I avoid chocolate, I can avoid heartburn. I am tired, but I can't take as many naps as I did the last time around. The same as last time, I have to pee seemingly 5 million times a day (particularly all through the night). In the morning my appetite larger than usual, but the rest of the day it seems my eyes are bigger than my stomach - my appetite has shrunk.
We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Silver and Gold
As of today I am 8 weeks pregnant (1/5 of the way through if I go full-term). I can't wait for the next ultrasound. I also can't wait until I get to the stage where I can feel the baby moving. Doctor's appts aren't as big a deal when you have daily reassurance that the baby is alive and well. So far there are some similarities and some differences between this pregnancy and the last one. The morning sickness is about the same. Sometimes it lasts all day, and other times I only have it in the morning. Eating more frequently helps, and eating sweets makes it worse. Although poopy diapers don't usually bother me, the nausea is often intensified by smells so changing poopy diapers in the morning is rather unpleasant these days. The heartburn is better this time. Usually if I avoid chocolate, I can avoid heartburn. I am tired, but I can't take as many naps as I did the last time around. The same as last time, I have to pee seemingly 5 million times a day (particularly all through the night). In the morning my appetite larger than usual, but the rest of the day it seems my eyes are bigger than my stomach - my appetite has shrunk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment