Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Anemic

I was correct that the lab results indicated that I am anemic. I don't think they would have mentioned it to me if I hadn't asked about it. I am glad I can view my medical record (at least portions of it) online. Dr. S called back and said that I should take one iron supplement a day, and that if my stomach could tolerate it, I should start out taking two a day just to get my levels back up to where they should be. I took one today. I'll see how I fare before I go to two a day. I went ahead and took one Colace also as I know what the side effect of taking iron will be.

Paul still wants Nadia to spend some time at the neighbor's house today, but I'm thinking in light of her morning nap he won't mind keeping her at home tomorrow morning when I'm at the doctor's office. It's not that he doesn't enjoy spending time with her; he definitely does!!! It cracks me up though at the difference between moms and dads. I have never taken Nadia to a babysitter so I could get work done at home. I find ways to watch her and accomplish what I need to do whether that's grading papers or doing housework. I think Paul is probably like most fathers in that he doesn't feel he can accomplish anything else while he's in charge of Nadia.

No comments: