Thursday, August 26, 2010

Freezer Cooking Take 2

This morning we headed to the grocery store to buy what I needed for another freezer cooking venture. Thankfully boneless, skinlesss chicken dropped to $1.99/lb at the grocery store today. I had planned to buy Doritoes as they were on sale (50% off), and I was even more encouraged to do so when I saw the bags said "Go Steelers." I knew my dad would approve! :-) Today I made 2 batches of Sassy Sloppy Joe's, 1 batch of almond chicken, and 2 batches of tuna noodle casserole. It wasn't easy since Ian was in a "I want to be held all day" mood, but I know I'll be grateful in the next few weeks. I also made a batch of chicken enchiladas after I put Ian to bed at 7pm. Since I made applesauce and apple crisp on Tuesday and manicotti, egg salad, and lasagna yesterday, I've done a lot of cooking these past 3 days!

Today I mixed sweet potatoes in his bottles this morning and bananas this evening. That worked better than cereal because the cereal kept clogging up the nipple. I am happy to say he stayed in the same outfit all day because the poop stayed in his diaper. It came close to the edge in the back a few times but never got on his clothing. YAY! The poor guy has diaper rash around his tailbone area.  I'm going to try feeding him with a spoon again tomorrow. I'm hoping it will go better now that he's had food flavored milk the last two days.

The pictures in this post were the poses I didn't order any prints of from Ian's photo shoot on Monday.


As for the phone call to the RE's financial counselor, I was relieved to find out that the fact we switched insurance won't be a problem. She thinks Blue Shield will pay for the intitial testing as well as the bloodwork and ultrasounds just like the insurance we've had the past 6 years. I was surprised as 6 1/2 years ago I was on Blue Shield and had trouble with them even paying for bloodwork or ultrasounds after I had an HSG. This was before I ever had even an IUI let alone IVF. The other good news was that the cost went down slightly. The price for most of the procedures stayed the same, but it actually dropped (surprise!) for ICSI (used both times), assisted hatching (did for Nadia not for Ian or the first first transfer), and embyro freeze (did for Nadia not for Ian). We haven't decided yet whether we're going to try ivf again, but we're talking about it. I am praying that the Lord will give us wisdom as to whether we should try for #3 via ivf or not.

1 comment:

TylerandBrianne said...

Do you have some resinol you could use on his diaper rash? It is the best stuff ever. I did not know you were thinking about IVF #3!! Be careful what you ask for it might just turn out to be not only 3 but number 4 also. LOL