This won't be as thorough as most months since I haven't been around the kids nearly as much as usual over the past three months, but since I did recently spend a week at home I am at least able to share a little of what Nadia is like these days. I skipped this monthly post on July 24, and I missed two posts for Ian (July 12 and August 12). Next month's should be more thorough!
1. She's just started talking about the content of her dreams at night. I find it very interesting!
2. She's also just started to attempt to tell jokes. They are funny only because she *thinks* they're funny. She creates many combinations of two things that don't go together and considers that to be a joke - such as "Mommy put some jelly on the water."
3. She loves to pretend a princess is having a birthday (ex. Belle, Ariel, etc.).
4. While I was in the hospital she got into the habit of walking into our bedroom (after Paul had gone downstairs) and falling asleep in our bed instead of her own bed. Paul carries her to her bed when either Paul or I are ready to go to bed.
5. She's been doing better lately with drinking water. Milk is still her favorite drink, of course!
6. Her favorite shoes right now are a pair of (princess) Tiana shoes that I bought at our neighbor's yard sale for $1 in June.
7. She's still very curious about how to spell words. She often asks Paul or I to spell a word for her. She also is very motivated to work on learning to read. She's been asking me to teach her to read. I told her we'll get back to that once Oliver comes home.
8. Her most favorite princess is Belle (Beauty and the Beast) and her second favorite is Ariel (Little Mermaid). She still dresses up in a princess dress almost every day. I let her wear her Snow White costume to the babysitter's house earlier this week.
9. She's getting better and better at singing on pitch. One of my favorite moments thus far this month was when Nadia and Ian were both singing praise and worship songs with great gusto in the car (along with a CD). Nadia knows the words to many songs!
10. When I do something that Nadia likes (ex. make brownies with her and let her lick the batter), she usually says something along the lines of "You are the best Mommy ever." Melts my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment