2. Lose at least 18 pounds
3. Teach Oliver to eat solid food
4. Serve vegetables at least 4 nights a week and fruit at least once a day
5. Continue to help Nadia learn to enjoy a wider variety of foods
6. Continue to help Ian learn to feed himself a wider variety of foods without fussing and crying
7. Help Ian learn to identify all the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet as well as the sound each letter makes
8. Teach Nadia how to read
9. Read picture books to the kids every day
10. Read at least 25 chapter books to Nadia
11. Read at least two books on photography and apply the knowledge gained to improve my photography skills
13. Take a family vacation to Florida in the spring that includes a day at Disney World
14. Nurse Oliver until he's at least 12 months old
15. Regularly try new recipes and create a monthly meal plan
16. Teach Nadia to count to 100
17. Help Nadia develop her handwriting, drawing, coloring, and cutting skills
18. Begin to teach Nadia basic addition and subtraction skills
19. Continue to work on the concepts of yesterday, today, tomorrow, the days of the week, seasons, and months of the year with Nadia and Ian
20. Continue to work with Nadia and Ian on their patterning skills
21. Assist Paul in applying for jobs until he is offered a job that will make use of his Ph.D.
23. Continue to teach Ian and Nadia to share and be kind to each other
24. Help Nadia keep her room neater (we cleaned it today)
25. In September start teaching Nadia how to behave in a worship service (no more Wee Worship for her)
26. Continue to teach Nadia and Ian to obey immediately with a nice attitude and not throw tantrums when they don't get their way
27. Help Ian learn to follow the instructions at gymnastics without me needing to follow him around the gym
28. Take at least one video of each child every month. I have been doing pretty well with taking pictures, but I've not done a good job with taking videos regularly. I recorded Oliver's first video today!
29. Since we'll hopefully be moving within the next 8 months, I want to start the process of purging now so it will be easier when it's time to start packing. The first thing I am going to do is go through Nadia's clothes that are stored in the basement and select some to offer our neighbor (who has a 2.5 year old daughter).30. Over the next few months I want to become more organized with homeschooling (get into a routine, write lesson plans) as Nadia will be starting Kindergarten in the fall!
31. I want Nadia and Ian to start learning Spanish this year.
32. Nadia needs to quit sucking her thumb.
33. Do at least one art project with Nadia and Ian every week
34. Trust that God has a good plan when I'm tempted to feel anxious about Paul's job search
35. Take Nadia and Ian to swimming lessons this summer and take all three kids to the pool regularly
36. Start having Ian memorize Bible verses
37. Spend more time in prayer and the Word each week
38. Have Nadia and Ian participate in t-ball and soccer
39. The first time I nurse Oliver each day goes really well (he nurses for an average of 30 minutes). In general I have a lot of angst related to nursing. I could easily burst into tears every day over the bottles of formula. My goal is to somehow stop letting this bother me. Of all the goals on my list, this one seems the most challenging.
40. I want to be more patient with Nadia and Ian. I always considered myself to be a pretty patient person, but the last four months I've seen that I need to grow in this area.
Last year I only listed eight goals, which seems more reasonable, but this is a rather varied list and many of them will be works in progress for years to come. In reality, I have far more goals in mind for the kids, but I didn't want my list to be too unwieldy.
P.S. I haven't been giving photo credits the past few days. All of the ice skating photos were taken by Wendy (on her camera). All of the bowling photos were taken by either Wendy or Susie (on my camera). Several other photos were taken by Wendy. The only photo I took in this post was the last one, which I took today




No comments:
Post a Comment