Monday, September 22, 2014

Need not knee


Ian says that "We Believe" is his favorite song. The other song by the Newsboys that he loves is "God's Not Dead." Lately he has been singing Building 429's song "Where I belong" quite a bit, but the song I hear him singing the most often is definitely "Standing in the need of prayer." As I was listening to him sing in this evening, I realized that he was singing "It's me, it's me, O Lord, standing in the knee of prayer." I tried to explain to him that it was "need" not "knee", but I think it will take a while for him to stop singing "the knee of prayer" because he's sung it that way for quite awhile. Cracks me up!

I was in need of a nap today. I have been going to bed earlier lately due to not feeling well and also due to the fact that Paul gets up to shower VERY early on MWF (he often is out the door before 6am those days). The Steelers have only played three games thus far this season, and two of those three have been night games. Night games are good for my father because he gets to see those even though he lives in Redskin/Raven territory. I don't like night games because they keep me up past my bed time. Two weeks ago I was not tempted to stay up for the end of the game because it was obvious we were going to lose. I still didn't stay up for the whole game last night, but I went to bed before it was over because it was obvious we were going to win. I would have stayed up to the end if the outcome was uncertain. Even though I went to bed before the game was over, I still was up later than usual and so I was very tired today. Several days ago I started requiring that Oliver stayed in his crib for at least 90 minutes. If he wakes up after one hour (as he often does), he fusses a little and then he just lies down and jabbers away in his crib until I get him. I have been trying to get him to take a longer nap because he's only sleeping about 11 hours total per day, which is not enough for a 2 year old. I can't say for certain because I was also taking a nap, but I *think* he slept for a little over two hours today! I can say that when I woke up at 3pm he was still asleep. Nadia and Ian woke me up a few times (I was sleeping on the family room couch) to ask me random questions, but I felt a million times better at 3pm. I had been sitting on the couch doing my Bible study after I put him down and as soon as I finished my lesson I thought I'd just rest for a few minutes and it turned into a nice nap. I was very grateful.





No comments: