2. At that event I learned about a ladies Bible study that I'm planning to join next week. I am going to pay to listen online to the first session I missed this Tuesday. I'm looking forward to studying I & 2 Thessalonians over the next nine weeks and am hoping to make at least one new friend.
3. I attended a lovely welcome breakfast at our new church on Sunday morning.
4. We went to AWANA and choir rehearsal for the first time at the new church last Wednesday and again yesterday. Oliver is in Puggles, Ian is in his second year of Cubbies, and Nadia is in her second year of Sparks. I loved both choir rehearsals. The rehearsals end with a time of prayer, which is something I missed at the other church choir the past six years. As I looked through all the anthems we'll be singing over the next nine months, I saw one is an arrangement of the hymn "The Love of God," which happens to be one of my five most favorite hymns, and it's not sung very often.5. Sunday afternoon I took Nadia and Ian to a Monarch butterfly program at the Montour Preserve (see photo at left of Nadia doing a craft at that event).
6. Sunday evening Oliver played on the playground while Nadia and Ian sang in the church's children's choir, and then we had a very smooth drive to Maryland.
7. On Monday morning my sister and her family came over to our parents house to spend three days together. It was wonderful to have the time together. My kids didn't want to leave, and her kids didn't want us to leave either. The cousins were arguing at times as to whose turn it was to sit beside Nadia at a meal. We plan to get together a few more times before they return to Turkey in early January. Nadia really connected with their four oldest kids (ages 5, 7, 9, and 11). She asked me today if she could email Andrew (age 9). Ian also enjoyed playing with his cousins. Oliver needs to wear a hat the next time we're together, unless Julianna (18 months old) has broken her hair pulling habit. Between the two families we have a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 11 year old. Their cousin Susie (in Chicago) is 10. Wendy's other three are 1, 5, and 7 years old. Joe commented that between age 1-11 we are only missing an eight year old. It hit me later that the baby I lost in 2005 would be eight now. The eight year old is in heaven. When I look at Jenna sometimes I think that our eldest would be 11 right now if it had taken months instead of six years for us to hold a baby in our arms, and their seventh baby is due four months after our last baby was due. Those cousins would have been close in age if we hadn't lost a baby last year. Jenna is a very sweet, responsible girl. I will be thrilled if Nadia is as sweet as Jenna is when she's eleven.8. The trip home took longer last night due to traffic, but we made it to church on time and safely without too much crying from Oliver thanks to a nap in the van plus dvds.
9. We had a wonderful time at the Maryland Science Center on Tuesday. One of the perks of home schooling is taking a LOT of field trips! We were able to enjoy the three floors of the museum, an IMAX show about the Star Spangled Banner (recently had its bicentennial), and a planetarium show for about $6 each thanks to a special rate for home schoolers (normally that would cost over $20 each). The seven kids obviously loved the place because the ten of us were there for six hours! I took LOTS of pictures. More to be shared in future posts. Yvonne, Grandma, Julianna, and Oliver stayed at home.10. Oliver and I are under the weather, but Nadia, Ian, and Paul are still healthy. Hopefully they will stay that way and Oliver and I will be feeling better soon. I'm thankful Paul picked up a pizza for dinner since moms don't get sick days. I decided to hold off on mowing the lawn and cleaning the bathrooms until my fever goes away.










No comments:
Post a Comment