Our drive to Ohio last Friday, to Chicago last Saturday, and back to Ohio yesterday all went pretty smoothly. Today's drive was definitely the most difficult. First of all because Nadia's stomach bug had returned. She had been under the weather on Monday and to a lesser degree on Tuesday. She was fine on Wednesday and Thursday. Her appetite and energy had returned back to normal. So I wasn't expecting her to start throwing up during the night last night. The good news is that every time she threw up in Sam's house and Wendy's house, she made it to the toilet on time. Way to go, girl! I hope we didn't spread any germs at Sam's house. Their kids had off today because of Good Friday. We stayed at their house until about 10:30. It was supposed to take 4 hours and 15 minutes to go from their house to ours, but in reality we took about 6 hours due to a little bit of traffic and more stops than usual. The other three days we only made one stop per leg of our trip. Yesterday we were on the road for 6 hours with only one stop. We made a bunch of stops today because people kept asking for bathroom breaks and Nadia was still throwing up. We also made one brief stop (about 15 minutes total) at a bat factory for a brief tour. The factory was less than 1 mile off the interstate. Oliver cried some during the drive today which also didn't happen the other days. We were all VERY glad when we arrived home and could get out of the vehicle. I am hoping Nadia is feeling up to the Easter egg hunts tomorrow.
It turns out Dunkin Donuts (which are very plentiful here in PA) are not as plentiful in Ohio or Indiana. We did stop at one for lunch today. Ian and I were the only ones who got anything for lunch. Nadia didn't eat at all today. Even drinking water would cause her to throw up. Her fever also came back. I have no desire to take a long drive any time soon, but I am very thankful we went. We had a great trip! I am sure I'll have recovered from this trip long before we drive to Long Island in July. When I got home I cleaned out the guinea pig cage, swept and mopped the kitchen floor, vacuumed the family room carpet, emptied and loaded the dishwasher, went to the grocery store to pick up a few items, went threw the mail, and mowed the lawn. Paul was home when we got home as he was working on installing my birthday present (a new kitchen faucet!) and also fixing a leak in a pipe from a toilet which had lead to some water on the floor of the basement while we were gone. He gave the boys a bath while I was mowing the lawn.
I also called the bank to straighten something out. Before we put the kids to bed the boys helped Paul and I get most of Nadia's things out of her bedroom. This means that at the moment all the bedrooms are a mess. Last Friday the carpet installer called me as he thought he could install her carpet on April 8, but I told him we were in Ohio and the soonest he could install it was April 15. Hopefully we can purge some things and find better ways to organize things when we bring the things back into her room after the new purple carpet is installed. That's just one more reason I'm hoping she's feeling better tomorrow! I'm hoping it takes the installers less than 2 hours to install her carpet so that we don't have to leave them in our house while we're not here as Paul needs to go to work and the first egg hunt is at 11:00. Some years the weather has been cold during an egg hunt, but this weekend it's supposed to be gorgeous - as high as 80 on Sunday! Well we had a great trip, and now it feels wonderful to be back at home.











No comments:
Post a Comment