Well at the moment I consider myself to be pregnant with triplets until proven otherwise! I have been on the couch since we got home aside from going to the bathroom. I took a nap yesterday and STILL slept 10 hours last night! I'm still praying for all seven embyros!!!
We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Sunday, August 5, 2007
1,000th Day
Well today is the 1,000th day since we started the adoption process, (and we've ttc for 1,915 days). I really hope and pray sometime in the next year our waiting will come to a close - either we'll have a baby from IVF or adopt a baby (probably through Cathy is the more likely scenario). I never dreamed when we started ttc in 2002 that our efforts to become parents would include creating 180 profiles for birthmothers, having over 100 shots in my belly, creating 2 Ukrainian dossiers, going through 3 home studies, spending about $35,000 so far, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Grow, little embryos, grow! :-)
Ruth, I am so honored to be able to follow your journey. I hope you'll get great news on the embryos on Monday, and even better news in two weeks! I can assure you that, no matter how long, stressful, painful this journey has been, it will be all a blur once you get to hold your child (and totally forgotten if you end up with more than one child... I could not even remeber what medications I used when I got pg, if you can believe that!)
More sticky vibes!!!!
Post a Comment