
I decided to try to eliminate the 3rd nap in the hopes that it would mean Nadia would sleep in later in the morning. Yesterday she woke up at 5am. That's just too early, especially on a Saturday! Yesterday she did still sort of have 3 naps as she slept in the car part of our trip to the party, but that nap was earlier than when her 3rd nap usually was so she was awake from 3-7pm and then slept some on the way home and then was awake for a little about 40 minutes and then went down at 8:30pm. She didn't wake up until 6:07am. YAY! Today I planned to only put her down for 2 naps. Her first nap was from 8:15-9:45. Actually she was still asleep at 9:45 (which is unusual), but I had to wake her up for church. She went right to bed when we got home from church about 12:10pm. She woke up about 12:55 and stayed up until 7:30pm. I figured today would be a good day for the transition away from the 3rd nap because there was an ordination service at church, and the choir was signing one song in it. This morning I had asked if there would be a nursery provided, and they said

no because it would only last one hour. Boy was that an inaccurate estimate. The choir rehearsed 30 minutes prior to the start of the service so including that time Nadia and I were there THREE hours and the service wasn't even over yet (although it was very close to being done). The service started at 4pm, and the choir didn't even sing until 6pm. I was planning to stay for the dinner after the service, but by 6:30pm Nadia was getting fussy so we just went straight home. She had sat with me in the service for the first hour, then went to the nursery with another lady for one hour, and then was back with me in the service for 30 more minutes.

Some churches I have gone to have kept the service to one hour total. The church I went to from 2004-2008 had services that were usually 75-90 minutes long. The last several months that I've attended this "new" church, there was one time when the service was 75 minutes long, a few times when it was 90 minutes long, but most of the time the morning service has been between 1 hr 45 minutes and 2 hours long. The service this morning was about 100 minutes long and the one this afternoon was over 2.5 hours. That length of service isn't easy for a little munchkin! Considering how long they were, I thought she did really well. Hopefully eliminating the third nap will help her sleep in a little more in the mornings.

I had brought a banana to the dinner last night. I assumed she'd eat a lot of the mashed potatoes. She didn't like them. Now I don't feel so offended that she didn't like mine. I think she really likes garlic, LOL! She did however really like their macaroni and cheese and the roll. I have to admit I haven't been careful lately about waiting a few days before introducing a new food since she hasn't had any reactions to anything she's eaten thus far..
1 comment:
I am Baptist and at my old Church the preacher was going a few minutes over 1200 (60 minutes) so they put a clock in the back of the Church to "remind and help" him. LOL
Post a Comment