Sunday, May 24, 2009

11 Months Old!

Today's photos were taken in her new dress that I bought yesterday for $1.50.

In honor of Nadia turning 11 months old today, I am going to list 11 of her likes and dislikes (I got the idea from Jill's post when River turned 8 months).

Likes:

1. Mommy - she definitely prefers to be with her Mommy as much as possible (Daddy says Mommy is the magnet) and although Daddy doesn't think he rates very high with Nadia, I am sure she also loves him very much

2. Shaking her head no - sometimes when she actually means "no" and many other times just because she thinks it's funny

3. Walking and climbing (as seen by the photo of her climbing her gym)

4. Being tickled or rough housed (flipping her upside down, swinging her, etc.)

5. Playing peekaboo - still a hit!

6. Sucking her thumb

7. Listening to music

8. Hearing meow - she likes animal sounds in general, but the cat's meow is still her favorite.

9. Being read to (especially touch and feel books or books with flaps)

10. Putting anything and everything in her mouth

11. Watching other people (especially other children)

Dislikes:

1. Having her diaper changed and/or getting dressed (for about the past month or so) - if I give her something she can hold in her hand then at least the diaper changes can occur without tears

2. Having her fingernails trimmed (for the last few months)

3. Stroller rides that exceed 20-30 minutes

4. Being put in her carseat (she's usually fine once we get going unless the ride is too long)

5. When a man she doesn't know comes too close or says something to her (she screams)

6. Drinking milk that's not really warm

7. Teething (has her top two and bottom two teeth)

8. Getting shots or blood drawn

9. Being told she has to sit while taking a bath (or anything else we tell her she can't do)

10. Eating warm food

11. Having a Kleenex or napkin come near her face - especially her nose
She's mastered so many skills in the past 11 months - holding her head, rolling over, sitting on her own, standing on her own, cruising, crawling, walking, turning off a light switch, feeding herself finger foods, cooing, babbling, saying "dada" to her Daddy, signing the word "milk," waving "bye," and much more!
Of course there are many more skills for her to master in the coming months - learning to say many more words, walking faster, running, using a sippy cup, feeding herself with a spoon, signing more words, learning to use the toilet, doing puzzles, and much more!
Next month will be the BIG day - her first birthday! I feel very bittersweet about it. It's exciting to watch her learn and grow, but I feel at times she's growing up WAY too fast!! I am soooo grateful to be her Mommy!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I hate to say it, Ruth, but before you know it she'll be eleven years old and going into the 6th grade. The joy of it is that every age is a new adventure to be enjoyed!

TylerandBrianne said...

It is so hard to believe that she will soon be 1. It is like yesterday that I on pins and needles for you during your pg. Times goes by ssssooo fast. Brianne will be 3 in July!