Friday, May 1, 2009

Transfer will be Monday!

The nurse called about 11am and told me that all 12 embryos are still growing. She said 2 look "iffy" and 10 look great. PTL!!! In light of this update, Dr. A said we should do a blastocyst transfer on Monday. YAY! My transfer is scheduled for 1pm on Monday. Dr. A won't be in that day, so Dr. O will be doing my transfer. I am fine with that since Dr. O did my mock transfer a couple of weeks ago. Dr. A did my fresh transfer in 2007 and another doctor did my FET so my 3 transfers will have been done by 3 different RE's. I called a massage therapist whose office is right across from the hospital to see if she had an opening at noon on Monday. She's going to call me back today or tomorrow. I did a full body massage before both of my last transfers. They give a valium to relax the uterus, but I figure a massage also helps me to be really relaxed. I almost fell asleep during the massage before the FET which means I was pretty relaxed!

Then I called a lady from my new church who does babysitting in her home to see if she could watch Nadia on Tuesday and Wednesday. Paul said he'll watch Nadia on Monday and go with me to the hospital, but he needs to work all day Tues & Wed as he has a big presentation in one of his classes on Thursday (in place of a final exam). So Paul will be dropping Nadia off at Sarah's house and picking her up on both Tues and Wed. She charges $20 a day. It's well worth the $40 to enable me to be on bedrest for about 64 hours. I did 48 hours of bedrest with the fresh transfer and 72 hours with the FET. My clinic only requires 24 hours of bedrest after a transfer, but other clinics require 2 or 3 days. I figure it can't hurt! I'll miss my little peanut, but I want to feel like I am doing everything possible to help those little embryos implant.

We won't get any updates on our embryos until we are there at 1pm on Monday. I'd appreciate prayers that they would continue to grow and that they will have wisdom in selecting which ones to transfer if we have more than 3 still growing on Monday. I am very glad I get to do a 5 day transfer this time!! Since Nadia was a 6 day transfer and the 3 day didn't work, I was really hoping to do a blastocyst transfer this time with the fresh transfer.

2 comments:

TylerandBrianne said...

Glad everything is looking good. We will be within one day of each other for pg test. How long after - pg test did they let you do a frozen cycle?

Lucia said...

fantastic report!!! keeping you in my thoughts and hoping the transfer will go well. A friend of mine had her first baby through IVF in early March 08 and she is now expecitng after a new successful transfer. I think of you two being linked somehow so I take her pgcy as a good sign that you will be carrying a baby soon :-)

As for Nadia - she is doing great! I know it is upsetting that she is not calling you, yet but, trust me, at 10 months is still really early to "talk" so I bet by the time she hit her first birthday she will be calling you. And I am even more sure that at one point you will hope she will call Paul more often :-)

Finally... I can tell you have been reading her "Moo Baa LaLaLa" :-) what a cute book! Jaco and Sofia loved it too :-)