Friday, February 19, 2010

2 Praises

First, I would like to say how happy THRILLED I am that Ian is back on track with gaining weight AND with sleeping somewhere besides my arms or chest!!! I weighed Ian this morning, and (drumroll, please) he now weighs 7 1/2 lbs. WOOHOO! With his clothes on, he weighed 7 lb 12.5 oz (the onesie plus sleeper weigh 4.5 ounces). This means in a few days the weight with clothes on should be hitting 8lbs. WOW! After waiting so long to get back to 6lb and then to finally hit 7lb, it seems that we'll be making it to 8lb much faster. PTL! I am not concerned about my milk supply. I had a little spot on my shirt at Sears yesterday (thank goodness that one was covered up!), and last night I was leaking all over the place even when it had "only" been 2.5 hours since I nursed him. His weight gain is the biggest proof that I'm producing enough milk as on Wednesday and Thursday he didn't have any formula. Those two days put together he had a total of about 2.5 ounces of EBM. I am glad that my going back to work this week didn't goof up my milk supply. Whew.....

He also had a regression recently (while sick and after getting his shots) in terms of sleeping in the Nap Nanny. His first stretch has been his only good one lately although thankfully that one has been getting longer and longer. Last night his first stretch was almost 4.5 hours. If I had gone to bed when he did (I stayed up 30 minutes to do some cleaning) and if I hadn't had trouble sleeping because I was so full of milk, I could have slept 4.5 hours in a row. I haven't experienced sleeping more than 3 hours in a row the last 10 weeks, but I think that experience is just around the corner for me! I spent 30 minutes helping him get back to sleep after I nursed him. It was worth it to me to be up from 12:20-2:05am if it meant that I then went back to bed without a little boy in my arms. I stayed up there for 2 hours until he woke up at 4am. This means from 8pm to 4am he was in the Nap Nanny for about 7 hours. WAY TO GO, IAN!!!! He only stayed in it for 5 minutes after I put him down after the 4am feeding. I decided at that point it wasn't worth working for 30 minutes to get him to stay in the pack n play. I just brought him up, propped myself up, and he slept on my chest. Paul was gracious enough to get Nadia when she woke up so I stayed in bed a little longer than usual. Sleep is such a wonderful thing! I am one VERY happy momma at the moment between knowing that Ian's thriving on my milk and also that I should be getting more sleep on a more regular basis in the very near future. Only getting 2.5 hours of sleep on Tuesday night was just brutal. I hope those days are a thing of the past.

No comments: