Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vegetables Take Three

Yesterday Paul's parents came up to visit. While they were here Paul blew up Nadia's new wading pool, and I made more applesauce (click on the recipe tab above for more details). I served the manicotti I had made on my first freezer cooking day as well as some Texas toast and mixed vegetables. I served Nadia the vegetables first. I am not sure if it was because that was the only thing on her plate OR because she saw four adults happily eating their vegetables OR if it was because she remembered that Mommy doesn't give up on insisting that she eat a few bites of vegetables, but whatever the reason, it was no big deal. Whew. The mixed veggies had green beans, lima beans, and carrots. She ate more veggies than the previous times when I only required three small pieces to be consumed. Overall she did a great job of eating last night. She loved the manicotti. She kept asking for more! She also enjoyed the bread as well as the dessert Paul's mom had made using fresh blueberries. It was a messy but yummy meal for Miss Nadia! Ian ate a few bites of carrots, but he's still not interested in eating solid foods.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Way to go enforcing the veggies! I probably would have caved in. Hopefully now she'll just eat the veggies with no fights. Noah doesn't do very well with veggies either, though we do insist he eat at least a small portion. He does better if there's some sort of sauce or dip. So do I for that matter! :)