The following ingredients mixed together created a rough morning for me:
1. I went to bed at 9:30pm (later than usual).
2. Paul went to bed at the same time as me. When we were first married, I was wishing that we'd go to bed at the same time. A romantic notion I guess. Well I quickly learned that it really wasn't a bad thing for me to go to bed before him (which is what happens 99% of the time) because I go to sleep much faster when I'm the only one in the bed. So this means last night it took me longer than usual to fall asleep although thankfully it didn't take a ridiculously long time.
3. Paul got up at 1:55am and had lights on, took a shower (in the master bathroom), etc until he left the house at 2:45am. I knew he was going to be getting up early to do work, but I thought he'd be working in his office (at home) until at least 5am. I didn't realize he was going to be shaving and showering at 2am. The next time he does this, I am going to ask him to set up one of the twin beds stored in the basement, and I'll sleep down there because due to my insomnia I didn't fall back asleep until 4:15am. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night - not enough!
4. Ian woke up at 4:45am. This is the eighth day in a row that he's woken up between 4:15-4:45am. He used to get up between 5:45-6:00am. We aren't putting him to bed earlier. He's just getting less sleep. I tried giving him milk and trying to get him back down for a few days. That didn't work. The last two mornings I let him cry - yesterday for 45 minutes and today for an hour. That didn't work either. He's screaming (and doesn't go back to sleep) which keeps me up and wakes Nadia up too early. She's been very tired the last two mornings - practically falling asleep on the swing at the park at 10:30am for example. If Ian doesn't wake her up, she usually gets up sometime between 6-7am. I have no idea what to do to get him to sleep in later. It's very frustrating. We are giving him Tylenol before bed since he's teething. Maybe we'll try Motrin instead tonight since that lasts longer. His other front tooth broke through so he now has two teeth.
5. Nadia didn't eat anything for dinner last night. She wouldn't even try one bite for Paul. She's never had tuna noodle casserole before, but she decided she didn't like it without tasting it. So I had to follow through and get her to eat a little tuna noodle and a few green beans for breakfast this morning, which wasn't fun (and involved her throwing up a little). She has a very quick gag reflex.
6. I remembered at 7:30 that the cleaning ladies were coming for the first time today at 7:45. I ran upstairs to get dressed and tried to clean up some clutter everywhere (I had just given the kids baths in the bathtub for example and the cereal was still out on the kitchen counter, etc.).
Thankfully the day has gotten better. I took my shower while Ian napped and Nadia watched tv in our bedroom while they cleaned the downstairs. Then I enjoyed playing with and reading to my children while the two women cleaned the house for a little over 2 hours. They did a great job. I am very happy my mom suggested this idea. It's worth the money to have one thing taken off my to do list. I only wish it could stay so sparkly and clean, lol! They'll be back in 2 weeks. It would have taken me far more than four hours to accomplish all they did since I usually get only 30 minutes a day between the hours of 5am and 8pm when the kids are both asleep.
I called the GYN office yesterday afternoon, and they said they hadn't received the results yet. I called the office this morning where I had the blood drawn, and they said it would take a few days. The hospital I usually go to has it done in a couple of hours. If I do an ivf cycle I definitely won't have any blood drawn at this lab. It's super close to my home, but it won't work when you need results in a timely fashion. I'm hoping they'll have the results by tomorrow afternoon. Patience is a virtue, right?
1 comment:
Bailey had another tooth break through today. I am having trouble getting Wyatt to nap in the afternoon. He is asleep when I put him in the swing and then he wakes up within minutes. I let him just sit in the swing and cry. If I get him up he is just crying for an hour so I figure why not let him just cry in the swing. I just don't know what to do. I need that time in the afternoon to recharge my batteries.
Post a Comment