We started trying to have children in May 2002. After pursuing fertility treatments, domestic, and international adoption, our daughter Nadia Renee was born on 6-24-08 (at 36w4d). IVF #2 resulted in Ian Alexander, who was born on 12-12-09 (at 34w3d). Oliver Elliot (IVF #3) was born on 8-7-12 (at 31w6d)! Three other pregnancies (in 2005, 2007, and 2013) ended in miscarriage. Our family is complete! We are so thankful for our three miracles!
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Can't come soon enough
I feel like counting down the hours until Ian's post-op appt. I have had some regret over pushing it back 5.5 hours, but I think Nadia will really enjoy her gymnastics lesson that morning. The poor boy is constipated, but I think that's been a blessing that poop hasn't gotten all over his wounds yet. The brochure said he needs to have a bowel movement by the 2nd day after sugery. Hopefully he'll have one tomorrow. He certainly was pushing a lot many times day. I was able to give him a bath around 11:30am (had to wait 24 hours). He had betadine on his back from the spinal they gave him. I'm supposed to give him a bath every day. That is no problem except both he and Nadia kept trying to pull on the catheter. It was unfortunately their favorite bathtub toy today. Ugh. I came very close to throwing up the first time I changed his diaper today. He has this extra flap hanging out because the doctor wanted to save the skin for the next surgery. The poor guy screams when I put bacitracin on it like I'm supposed to every time I change his diaper. I wish I could fast forward to Wednesday!! He slept for 10 hours last night and took two 30-40 minute naps today. I'm hoping he'll sleep 11 hours tonight as I'm pooped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment