Nadia had her first gymnastics class today! She enjoyed it. There were only 4 girls in the class ranging from 19 months to 2 years. Nadia was the oldest (by 2 months). She was the only one who hadn't already taken another class so her skills were definitely the weakest of the four girls. In addition to learning how to do things like forward tuck rolls and jumping jacks, I think it's going to be a great way for her to work on following directions. Normally when she's at a fun place (like the playground) she can run and do whatever she wants. Today she was in a room full of lots of fun stuff, and she wasn't free to do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted. I am planning on working on some of the skills at home (such as jumping jacks), and I'll use the same lingo that her teacher, Sarah, does. The only glitch to this plan was that I thought Ian would be waking up from his nap around 10am so he wouldn't be tempted to sleep in the car before or after her lesson. Well since he got up at 5am, I put him down at 8am, and he only slept 30 minutes. I let him cry for 20 minutes, but he didn't go back to sleep. So he fell asleep on the way home. This meant his very brief second nap ended at 11:45am. Not Good. Hopefully next Wednesday he'll stay awake. I didn't get any time to myself since there wasn't any overlap between their naps. I usually use that time to get dressed for work, pack my dinner that I eat in the car on the way to work, etc. I apologize that the pictures in this post are blurry. I'll try to get some better ones in the coming weeks.
Yesterday when we got back from the park our Internet wasn't working. This seems to only happen on Tuesdays when I have my online course. I called the cable company and then PTD, and they told me the problem was our router. I bypassed the router and sure enough then was able to get online with Paul's desktop. After my online office hours ended at 8:15pm, I contacted Belkin (router company). After spending 45 minutes doing what they suggested, I went to bed. This morning I decided to just buy another one on the way to gymnastics. It was 6 years old, and it didn't seem worth the time and frustration to keep trying to get it working properly again. I got a taste of what it will be like not to have a laptop, but the difference is I cannot go without one now because I am working FT. This morning we discovered the DirecTV wasn't working on our living room TV. When it rains it pours. I eventually figured out we just needed to hit the reset button. Technology is great when it works.
I was asked today what I want to teach next summer. I am really torn how to respond, and I only have a few days to make my decision. We get paid about 1/2 as much to teach a class in the summer as we do in the fall or spring. That partially makes sense in that we don't have as much committee work in the summer or things like faculty meetings, but it definitely doesn't take 1/2 as much time to teach a class in the summer. I've taught every summer the past 6 years. Paul said it would make more sense to teach PT in the fall than to teach this summer. Financially that's true. Teaching an online course sounded ideal, but it didn't seem that way when I actually did it. At the moment I am considering having the spring semester be my last hurrah. I need to look at the budget again because when I made it, I assumed I would be teaching next summer.
In addition to buying a $30 router at Walmart this morning, I also bought Ian some prunes. The poor guy is still constipated. I'll keep putting baby food prunes in his bottles until his poop is back to normal. His "part" is looking much better. Well it's still cut apart, but that won't be fixed until the next surgery, but the color is looking MUCH better. Thankfully the kids enjoy bubble baths since I've made that a part of our daily routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment