I can't believe Nadia will be turning 3 years old next month. She's VERY excited about her birthday. This is the first one she's eagerly anticipated. It seems that balloons and cake (with Sweetpea on it) are what she is looking forward to the most. She can tell you that her birthday is on June 24th, but she still doesn't answer the question correctly when you ask her how old she'll be after her birthday. She still says "two." We'll keep working on that!
1. One of her most sommon responses to a question this past month has been "of course." Sometimes that reply has really cracked me up!
2. Her prayers used to be very short. She always thanked God for 2 things (i.e. Abbey and Kohen). This past month her prayers got reaaalllyyy long. She thanks God for a very long list of things and people. I admit sometimes I feel like saying "enough," but I certainly don't want to squelch her desire to pray or show gratitude. We can always reheat the food, if necessary. :-)
3. I meant to mention this in th 34 month post, but I forgot. Last month she started pronouncing her name correctly. A year ago she called herself "Naia." Then a few months ago it became "NaTia." Now it's "Nadia."
4. She's very sociable with everyone at the park. She'll go sit on the bench and start talking to another adult (i.e. a mom or grandma of another child), and she'll play with just about any kid, even those who are much older than her. Recently she was playing with 2 girls that I'd estimate were at least 10 years old. They explained a game to her, and she followed their instructions. I was impressed!
5. She doesn't always sleep with Larry and Sweetpea (her two most favorite stuffed animals) any more. It's very random whether she wants to sleep with them or not. One thing that remains constant is her love for her little pillow that Paul got her in Poland last August. She always sleeps with that although if Ian is crying she puts it over her ear instead of under her head, lol.
6. She began insisting on wiping herself after she goes to the bathroom a few weeks ago. The only thing she hasn't mastered is pulling her underwear back up. Once she learns how to do that she'll be completely independent in terms of going to the bathroom. The downside of her being more independent is that now she sometimes exits the bathroom with no clothes on from the waist down. OOPS! I am trying to teach her how to pull her underwear and shorts/skirt back up.
7. If she says she's sorry for something and I don't promptly respond with stating that I've forgiven her, she starts saying "I forgive you" over and over until I utter those words. She also will say that if I do say I've forgiven her but then keep talking about what she did wrong. It's a good reminder that if we say we've forgive someone then we shouldn't keep bringing it up (even when Daddy comes home later).
8. She talks a lot more about God and Jesus lately. One day when we were walking to the park she told me she loved Jesus. That thrilled me, but then she said she wanted to go to Heaven to be with Jesus (as in right now). You'd think that would also thrill me, but honestly my emotional reaction was "no, not yet!" Isn't that pathetic of me! That's the attitude that we all should have. I know heaven will be such a wonderful place, and yet I find myself thinking - no not yet - I want to experience more years of being a mom, maybe a grandma some day, etc. Out of the mouth of babes. Thankfullly I didn't tell Nadia what I was thinking.
9. She loves her Disney princess nightgown. It's the first nightgown she's ever had, and she thinks it's a dress. I can see why it's confusing. She wants to wear it out of the house. She never asked to wear her footed pjs out of the house, but she'd love to wear this nightgown all over the place.
10. I've learned that the most effective way to get her to eat her vegetables (or chicken or whatever it is that she doesn't want to eat for dinner) is to leave her alone at the kitchen table. Having to sit by herself is the best motivator by far. I'm glad we found this out as it sure beats having her sit at the table for hours and hours and hours on end. I can't wait until she's out of this really picky stage.
11. Her biggest fears in life are of worms, snakes, and whales. She becomes brave when I remind her that God is bigger than a worm (or snake or whale), and that He'll keep her safe. She still wants nothing to do with me reading a book that has any of those three animals anywhere in the book.
12. Her favorite books right now include Nursery Rhymes, Olivia books, Clifford books, Fancy Nancy books, Curious George books, and Berenstain Bear books. She has an excellent auditory memory. She memorizes the words very easily, even library books that I've only read to her a few times.
13. She is really into shoes. For many months she's had fun walking around in my shoes, but now she also loves to put on shoes that I've bought for her at yard sales that don't fit her yet. She's often seen wearing the left shoe on her right foot and right shoe on her left foot.
14. For a few months she's been putting a Sunday hat on her bedpost. She notices if I put the hat away in her closet. She's very quick to retrieve it and put it back on her bedpost. She often puts one on the bedpost on Paul's side of our bed also. It cracks me up to see a pink hat hanging near Paul's head while he's sleeping.
15. One of her teeth turned gray last week. I don't like to wish for her childhood to go more quickly than it is already, but I must say I am looking forward to when this tooth falls out.
No comments:
Post a Comment