Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Family Fun Day

This morning we attended a Family Fun Day at a park. This event was hosted by three Early Intervention programs (two birth to 3 programs and one preschool program). Ian's OT is through one of these programs. Nadia enjoyed the sensory table (filled with birdseed - I'm thinking this might be a great idea for our sandbox as I think it would be less messy), coloring, playing with homemade playdoh, and playing with bubbles. Ian wasn't really interested in any of those activities. They both enjoyed the 30 minute music class. I had looked into this music class, but it's rather expensive. She's going to start a class in our town in the fall, but I still doubt I'll sign up because of the cost. I can do the same things with the kids for free. They both also loved the playground. We left with some homemade playdoh, a bag of trail mix, and two marigold plants. The weather couldn't have been nicer.

We had never been to this playground before. It's REALLY nice. The whole park is rather impressive as they have tennis courts, a skateboarding park, etc. in addition to a very large playground. A lot of the playground equipment is geared for really young children, which was ideal in my case. This park is 15-20 minutes away (by car). One perk of this park is that the surface is from recycled tires. I often wear sandals to the park, and I've cut my toe a few times when a piece of mulch (at the playground we walk to) has gotten under my toe. Although it was nice that the kids had SO many pieces of equipment to explore, a downside of the size of the park was that it was hard to keep track of both kids as they seemed to always run in opposite directions. I do plan on taking the kids to this park again. I won't make a special trip, but I'll definitely take them there before or after gymanstics class or a trip to the Pediatrician's office.

Ian fell asleep on the way home. I let him sleep in his carseat in the car so that when he woke up Karen would be here. She didn't get to see him eat last week. She got to watch him scream while I fed him carrots and applesauce. She was pleased that he's gained 13 ounces over the past 12 days. She wants us to start weaning him off of putting cereal in his sippy cups since he's now eating about 30 ounces a day by spoon.

Around 6:45 this evening Ian and I will be heading to Molly's house. It should take about 2.5 hours to get there. We'll leave her house at 6am tomorrow to report to the Exton surgery center by 6:45am. Please pray that Ian's endoscopy will go smoothly and that I can handle doing this by myself. Paul left for PSU at 9pm last night and will be home by 6:30 tonight. He wasn't ready for his presentation. His advisor spoke instead. He must have the poster submitted by Thursday morning. That's what he's working on now. He'll be taking Nadia to Sarah's house on his way to school tomorrow morning. I'll pick Nadia up on our way home (in the afternoon I'd imagine). Karen said we don't need to feed Ian any solids tomorrow.

No comments: