I had to wake this sweet little boy up at 6:00am this morning so that I could change his diaper, get him dressed, and have him in his carseat by 6:05. I hate waking the kids up. Paul woke Nadia up at 6:00 also. Some mornings Ian still wakes up too early, but his norm lately has been 6:30. We tried to buy darkening shades on Monday at Lowe's, but they didn't have any in stock in the size we needed. I hate waking either child up. I try very hard to never do it, but I woke Nadia up from her nap yesterday (after she had been asleep for one hour) because it took her 2 hours to fall asleep and we wanted to go to the pool before dinner. Then I had to wake both of them up this morning. Also, Nadia only had a short nap in the car today. I put them to bed a little early tonight to try to compensate.
We left at 6:05 and arrived at Paul's parent's house at 7:06. I let Ian run around and play for 15 minutes and then we left at 7:20. We made one quick stop on the way there (during which Ian threw up all over the floor in the bathroom) and arrived at the medical center at 9:20am (the time of his appointment). Ian was awake during the entire 2 hours and 50 minutes we were in the car. Thank goodness for DVD players although I think I have all the VeggieTale dvds memorized at this point. We sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes and then a nurse called us back to an exam room.
I was then told to call our insurance to see if they approved a procedure they wanted to do on Ian's nose. It took about 15 minutes to find out yes they would cover it. At 10:35 (our appt was for 9:20), the ENT entered the exam room. He was with us less than 5 minutes and told me they don't do nose surgeries on children this young because it's too big of a surgery and the problem might resolve on its own as he grows bigger. I wish they'd tell the anesthesiologist that. She insisted we see an ENT before Ian's next surgery (6/6). So basically I drove for about 6 hours and spent 85 minutes in a doctor's office to have a very short, not in any way helpful appointment. Can you sense that I am frustrated and exhausted? To make matters worse, Nadia woke us up a few times during the night last night. This has added to my exhaustion, plus I got up at 5:15 this morning, and lately I've been getting up at 6:30 most mornings. The good news is that we got home safe and sound and Nadia had fun with her grandparents who took her to Chuck E. Cheese. I also get a 5 day break before I have to spend 6+ hours in the car in one day again. Ian is worth all of this, but this appointment today was totally unnecessary. I'm also frustrated because Ian still screams with every bite and is still throwing up. He is gaining weight though. I called the allergist today, and he wants me to call back on Thursday or Friday with another update. Hopefully this treatment plan he's on will work.
The highlights of the day were #1 having lunch with two friends I hadn't seen in 9 months on my way back to pick Nadia up from Paul's parents and #2 LOTS of my roses bloomed today. Aren't they beautiful? We actually tried to remove these a couple of years ago. I am very glad we were unsuccessful!
No comments:
Post a Comment