
This afternoon I called the OB office to inquire about my bloodwork results from Monday. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that I passed! A friend of mine had GD in her 2nd pregnancy and was tested in the first trimester in her 3rd pregnancy and passed, and then she was retested in her 2nd trimester and failed. I really am going to protest BIG time if the OB suggests doing this test again, especially as I am pretty much following a GD diet anyhow. I eat a cereal with very little sugar (ex. plain Cheerios) and a hardboiled egg for breakfast. When I go on a diet to lose weight, I don't change what I eat very much. What I mostly change is the quantity I eat. So this is much harder for me. Years ago when I was on a 1,200 calorie diet, I still ate a little ice cream every day. Now that I've been avoiding sweets my craving of them has increased. I keep telling myself that it won't be worth it. Maybe since I don't have GD this won't last the whole pregnancy. It should help me keep my weight in check if nothing else!

Ian is obsessed with this jacket. It was about 72 degrees out when this photo was taken. Nadia and I weren't wearing any jackets. It's going to be traumatic for Ian whenever I tell him it's too warm for this heavy jacket! As for yesterday's pictures with the ducklings, those are our neighbor's ducklings. The kids love them! I couldn't have asked for nicer weather for my spring break this week! The ticker says that our baby is 2 inches long and is beginning to develop teeth buds! Only two more weeks until I'm in the 2nd trimester!! Woohoo!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment