Wednesday, May 23, 2012

21 Weeks!

I am so relieved that I haven't been having any contractions lately. PTL! His kicks are a lot stronger. I think Nadia could feel them from the outside, but every time I say something to her, he stops kicking. He's the most active when I'm in bed. One morning when Ian was in bed with us (on top of me), I was getting kicked by both of my sons at the same time. It was kind of surreal. I think Ian felt him kicking, but Ian had no idea what was happening as he doesn't grasp the concept that I'm carrying his baby brother.

The main "side effects" of pregnancy right now are: going to the bathroom far more often, having heartburn, and having trouble sleeping at night. The heartburn still has been more manageable than the last two times, although my list of foods and drinks to avoid keeps growing. Paul's mom brought some powder to make (sugar free) grape drink when mixed with a pitcher of water. It tasted good, but the heartburn it created was not worth it. The fruit punch also gave me heartburn last night, but I love that stuff so much I'm sure I'll have it at least once moer this trip since it's such a rare treat. Hopefully if I take an acide reducer I won't suffer too much if I have another cup of it on our snorkeling trip.

The reception at our resort was nice last night. They had banana bread, fruit punch, rum punch, cookies (including Paul's favorite - white chocolate macademia nut), chips, salsa, and three different types of baked spicy meat patties (another Caribbean specialty).

Paul and I were supposed to go on a 5 hour "Safari Tour" today of some historical sites, a blowhole, botanical park, have lunch, etc. This morning our tour guide cancelled the tour due to the weather. I am really disappointed. The two things I most wanted to do here were the Safari Tour and visit Stingray City. She suggested rescheduling for tomorrow, but that's when we've rescheduled our Stingray City tour (which was originally scheduled for Monday). Ironically, I could have rescheduled the Stingray City tour for today, but I didn't due to the Safari Tour plans. My guess is that if we couldn't do a tour by Land Rover today that we also couldn't have done the catamaran tour today. I wish I brought more stuff for us to do in our unit. I didn't expect to spend so much time inside. Ironically I brought books and/or lots of magazines on our last few vacations, and I didn't have time to read them. This time I only brought one magazine. I could have read a lot of books on this trip.

No comments: