Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Not as much rain

I can't say the weather was exactly "ideal" today as we haven't really seen the sun or the sky (just clouds), but it rained a LOT less than it did yesterday - thank goodness! This morning Grandma, Ian, and I spent some time at the beach while Paul, Pop Pop, and Nadia took a bus into Georgetown (the capital) and took a 90 minute boat ride (45 minutes of that was in a submarine). The Marriott, which is a few resorts down the beach from ours, has some nice things floating in the ocean that are anchored down. Ian had a blast in one of them. It had an orange ring around the outside, and across the middle it had a material similar to what you'd find on a trampoline. An inch or two of water was above the material. He could sit on it, stand on it, jump on it, etc. It's big enough for a couple of adults to lie across it at the same time. It sort of made a baby pool for him in the ocean. I would kick my feet under the material, and this made him laugh hysterically when I kicked him with my foot or knee. He also enjoyed standing up and kicking his feet around so that some water would splash on Grandma. The water wasn't as clear due to all the storms that have passed through lately so we didn't see as many fish today. Grandma and I had pancakes for lunch (that we cooked). The three who went to Georgetown had lunch at KFC.

Ian woke up at 5:30 (6:30) so that was better than yesterday but still 30-60 minutes earlier than usual. He did take a nice nap in his crib today though. This afternoon Paul and I took Nadia out to the ocean. Unfortunately the Marriott had taken their things out of the ocean, but she had fun anyhow. Paul also took the kids in the swimming pool. The water was much colder in the pool today than it was on Sunday in light of all the rain that went into it yesterday. The pool also had a lot more water in it.
Paul and Pop Pop were able to go to the grocery store this morning, and it wasn't even raining when they went! We're making spaghetti for dinner tonight. There is also a reception tonight (rum punch and appetizers). Yesterday there was a free breakfast (scrambled eggs with cheese, pound cake, and bacon). I'm hoping they have some punch without rum because I absolutely love Caribbean fruit punch. That's one of my favorite things to have in the Caribbean. I wish they sold it in the US! I'll make sure to have some before we leave on Saturday.

I'm praying the weather is at least as nice as it was today the rest of our trip, and of course if we could have at least one REALLY pretty day (as in a day we could see the sun and blue sky) that would be greatly appreciated. Paul and I are going on a 5 hour tour tomorrow in a Land Rover. Thursday we're all hoping to go on the Stingray City tour (by catamaran), and Friday we're planning to go to the turtle farm.


No comments: