Sunday, September 9, 2012

First trip to church

When we were in the demo room in the NICU, I awakened any time Oliver cried. Unless I have the monitor on, Oliver doesn't cry loud enough for me to hear him. We never went through this phase with Nadia and Ian. From the first day they were home from the NICU their cries were loud enough to wake me up. Thankfully Paul's hearing is better than mine, and Oliver's cry wakes Paul up even without a monitor. There was one time last night Paul didn't have to wake me up. It wasn't the first time his cry woke me up. I woke up a minute or two before he did because I was having the nightmare that I had so many times this summer (but haven't been having since August 7) that I was gushing blood. We did have a few firsts today. It was the first time all five of us rode in our new minivan together. It was the first time the van left the garage since we bought it on Monday night. It was also Oliver's first time at church. I hadn't been to church for almost four months. I would never have dreamed I'd ever go that long without attending church, but I never dreamed I'd spend so many weeks in a hospital! It is my prayer that some day Oliver and Ian will long to attend church like Nadia and I do. Many people at church have been praying for Oliver and I since May 30 so they were thrilled to get a little peek at Oliver in person today.

 
 

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Suddenly Ian looks so big! :) Great pictures!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the pic of you with the kids and Ian is helping hold Oliver!!