Saturday, December 1, 2012

90th Birthday Party

Paul's grandmother will be turning 90 years old on Tuesday. We attended her birthday party today. I also had one grandparent (maternal grandmother) who made it to 90 years old. I would be thrilled if I am in as good a shape as Gram is if I make it to the age of 90! She is the only great grandparent any of our children have met. I met Paul's Uncle Howard for the first time today, and we saw quite a few relatives that we typically only see at weddings and funerals. I was amazed at how big QJ (our grand nephew) is! He turned 3 in September, and he's taller than Nadia (and weighs 10 pounds more than her!). Nadia did a great job singing "Frosty the Snowman" at the party. Oliver (who is the 9th of Gram's 10 great grandchildren) was the youngest guest at the party.

I have been trying to really live in the moment and not worry about Paul getting a job. It definitely helps knowing he can work for his dad. I greatly appreciate Paul's support of me staying at home. Obviously I could go back to work, and he could be the one to stay at home with the kids until he got a job that would make use of his PhD, but he fully supports me staying at home. Thank you, honey!!! Every time I go to get the mail, I wonder if there will be a letter from a university. On the days Paul is at PSU, I wonder if anyone has called Paul that day.

I'm finding it complicated to make decisions when I am not sure if we might be moving to another state in six weeks. I emailed Nadia's ballet teacher because the tuition for December-February is due on Tuesday. I explained that we might be moving and asked if we could just pay the tuition for December at this point until we know if we're moving or not. I haven't signed the kids up for the gymnastics session that starts in January yet because I know they don't give refunds (they'll give a credit, but if we move that won't help us). It hit me *after* I got home from the grocery store on Thursday that maybe it wasn't a wise move that I bought so much meat that day. The boneless chicken breast (fresh) was on sale for $1.69 a pound and the ground beef for $1.99 a pound so I stocked up, but I bought far more meat than we would use in 6 weeks. I have things (like Oliver's name) that I'd like to hang up, but it seems foolish to put more holes in the wall if we are possibly putting our house on the market in a few weeks. Time will tell. I keep trusting that God will open the door at the place that would be best for our whole family.
 

 




 

No comments: