Now that we've lived here a week (has it been that long?) we are starting to get a feel for how long it takes to get to various places. Paul's commute to PSU was 95 minutes (to the parking lot - takes quite a bit longer to get to the bldg) and is now 65 minutes. My commute to work was 15 minutes on average (sometimes as little as 12 minutes) and is now at least 35 minutes. I was hoping the commute to church might be a little less, but it's actually just about exactly the same (25 minutes). At least it's not longer. Our gas bill will go down in the spring when I'll only be driving to campus 2 days a week. I'll still be going 4 days a week for the rest of this semester, and on some days I'll probably go twice in one day. For example this Friday I'll go in the morning and then go back in the afternoon for faculty meeting. My friend Donna will be watching Nadia Friday afternoon. Thanks, Donna! :-) I am tempted to attend a workshop on either Friday morning or Thursday afternoon. Once a year they bring in a nationally known speaker for the faculty, and this year's speaker sounds like he'll be really good. I know though that this is something I need to say "no" to. I'll spend the time with Nadia instead!!! :-) She's 14 weeks old today. Wow.
In terms of our family coming to visit us, we now live farther from Paul's parents. It took Paul's mom 70 minutes to get here yesterday (it took her 30 minutes to get to our last home). I forgot to ask my parents how long it took them to get here. I am guessing it's about 3 1/2 hours. It's probably actually about the same distance for them but the route is a little different.
Last night was the first night in awhile that Nadia woke up for two middle of the night feedings. She went down at 7:30pm and woke up at 11:30pm. I wasn't too pleased especially since I had gone to bed at 10pm (almost half-time). She woke up again at 5:00am and that feeding it took longer than 30 minutes to get her back down. Well hopefully last night was a fluke.
When I went to get Nadia at 7:00am she just BEAMED at me from her crib and also on her changing table while I changed her diaper. I just melted. I have to say seeing those smiles of hers just makes my day!!! She also has gotten to the age where she thinks it's funny when Mommy "eats" her belly. What fun!
5 comments:
I love her smile- her whole face just lights up!
Erica
She is such a cutie!!! Who could resist eating that belly with a smile like that.
Haven't had the chance to stop and fully read your updates lately.
Loved seeing Nadia's darling smile! She is such a sweet littl doll. She looked really cute for her dedication.
what a cute smile!!!!! She is getting more and more adorable!
I love that pic of her!!! and aren't those smiles just the greatest!!!!
Post a Comment