Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Climb Every Mountain

Nadia loves to climb. If she escapes my sight for 30 seconds I can pretty much guarantee I'll find her climbing the stairs. Once I must have let her out of my sight for 60 seconds as she made it all the way up and into "her" bathroom before I found her. Paul will not be happy with me when he finds that out. The gate I bought didn't work for our stairs. Here's a video of her climbing the steps; she's distracted by me filming her so she isn't quite as fast as usual. I like the big smile at the end! I am certainly getting FAR more exercise now than I did at 6 weeks pg with her. I was probably on the overly cautious side with that pgcy. I did very little lifting, standing, walking, etc during the first trimester and then again after the placenta previa diagnosis. I admit that crossed my mind during the u/s on Tuesday, that we were miscarrying because I was too active the last 3 weeks. I keep reminding myself that plenty of people keep up their usual activities in the first trimester. How can I avoid lifting my 21 lb daughter???

I'll feel much better once we see a h/b on Tuesday. I am truly at peace with just seeing one. I'll be happy if we see one or if we see two. Although I always wanted at least 3 children, I thought they'd each be probably 2 years apart in age or something like that. It wasn't like I pictured myself having three age 18 months and younger (especially in my late 30's). I realize it would be rather exhausting for awhile. After the scare of not seeing any heartbeat, I will truly be happy as long as we see one on Tuesday. I still don't think it's impossible we'll see two though as the more I read online the more stories I hear of additional sacs and heartbeats being discovered at subsequent ultrasounds (much later than 6 weeks at times even after IVF). I do believe whatever happens will be for the best. I have prayed that from the start. God knows whether it's best I carry one baby or two the next few months. I trust that whatever happens is His perfect will for us.

Nadia is just starting to show signs of entering the "me do it" stage. Previously independence was encouraged by me rather than initiated by her (such as feeding herself finger foods). I used to brush her teeth/gums with a finger brush. I had to stop that once she got her top two teeth as she was always biting my index finger. Ouch! Last weekend I bought her a toddler toothbrush, and now SHE wants to brush her teeth rather than let Mommy do it for her. "ME DO IT!" :-)

1 comment:

The Adventures of Jing and Ying said...

"Me do it!" I love it :)

Sophie used to say all the time, "I do it all by myself."

They sure are independent at this age.

Good luck with Tuesday's ultrasound...I'm sure everything's fine.

Eria