
Our little girl turned 19 months old today! She feels like a big girl after holding Ian. Nadia weighs almost 27 lbs (78th percentile). Paul worries that she's not eating enough, but obviously she's not starving. Eating has become MUCH more of a struggle than it used to be. Oh for the days when she'd eat whatever we served her without any struggles. Her favorite foods include pretzels, raisins, applesauce, cheese, grapes, and fruit snacks. She loves her milk, which she drinks cold in a sippy cup. Now we need to work on getting it put back into the real refrigerator rather than her refrigerator, LOL! A few staples of her diet include oatmeal, bananas, yogurt, and cinnamon raisin bagels. She eats those items almost every day. I long for the day when mealtime doesn't involve so many battles, especially considering we haven't even been giving her very many veggies lately (something else we need to work on). She wears 18 month clothing except for her pjs and dresses - many of which are size 24 month.

Nadia has come a long way over the past month in her adjustment to having a little brother. She rarely throws a temper tantrum over him, and she now says "hi" to him and says his name. Nadia loves to hold her brother. Of course she still has jealous moments. Her sadness when I am nursing Ian has led to her watching FAR more "Bob" (Veggie Tales) than she used to watch before Ian was born. I have been buying more "Bob" dvds on eBay so we don't have to watch the same ones so frequently. I used the ultimate baby wrap for the first time today. Ian wasn't crazy about the sling. Nadia liked it when she was this age. Ian does much better in the wrap. I want to start using it more so that my hands will be free a bigger portion of the day as I want to get back to spending more time playing with Nadia.

Over the past month, I've enjoyed watching Nadia blossom in terms of imaginary play, particularly with her dollhouse and kitchen. She enjoys serving pretend food to Mommy, Ian, Daddy, and her stuffed animals. She also has learned how to go forward on her stride-to-ride lion (after only going backwards for many months). Nadia has added quite a few new moves to her "dances" including spinning around in a circle. I need to get a video of it! She also has been learning how to do simple puzzles. Her favorite toy BY FAR is her stuffed doggie that Sarah gave her for Christmas. Some favorites haven't changed such as sitting on her daddy's basketball and climbing up on everything and anything.

Her vocabulary continues to grow at a rapid pace. She's also been a lot fussier lately. I think part of this is due to the transition from two naps to one nap, especially on the days (like today) when she wakes up at 5:15am. I am hoping that as her vocabulary continues to expand that she'll express herself more with words and less with fussing and crying. Many, many words she says perfectly clearly (such as "apple," "ant," 'book," "Bob," "cd," "Abbey," "back up," and "button"). Other words are only recognizable to those of us who spend a lot of time with her (such as "raisin" and "airplane"). There are also words that I think others would easily understand although she doesn't say them perfectly yet such as "please" (the "l" is omitted) and "thank you" (the "h" is omitted). I was contemplating recently how it seems that at most stages there are aspects which are really exciting and also some that are on the unpleasant side. There's nothing quite like having a 6 week old sleep on your chest. It's an amazing feeling. However, getting four or fewer hours of sleep a night is not very fun. Hearing Nadia say new words each day is a delight; I could do without all the fussiness! Although she's still getting up earlier than we'd like many days, putting Nadia in her crib couldn't be easier whether it's for a nap or at bedtime. I am very thankful she goes down so easily. Sometimes she plays in her crib before she goes to sleep, but it's very rare that she cries.
No comments:
Post a Comment