Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dollhouse

Nadia enjoys playing with the dollhouse we got her for Christmas (I got it used on eBay). It has a doorbell that rings and a phone on the kitchen wall that makes sounds also. She likes to put her reindeer (stuffed animal) in the bathtub.
Let me say I am very impressed with Nadia's memory. It has been at the very least two months since she went to the library with me. When we walked in the door, the first thing she said was "bear," and then she turned down one hallway and walked into the room in which there is stuffed animal (bear) sitting on a chair. I couldn't believe it! Something that cracked me up at the library was that even during our brief visit, she said "okay" enough times that one of the librarians commented that "okay" must currently be Nadia's favorite word. Yes, it definitely is!

Last night I went to bed at 7:30pm. Paul gave Ian 2 ounces of formula at 8:40. I came down to feed him at 9:30, but since Ian had already been fed (and was asleep). I pumped 2 ounces. Paul fed him the bottle of my milk after 11pm. This meant I got five hours of sleep before I got up to feed Ian at 1am. WOOHOO! I woke him up to feed him at 1am and 3am. He didn't sleep much between 3-5am, and then Nadia woke up at 5:15. Even though I got almost no sleep after 3am, I still got way more sleep last night than I had the previous night. I felt soooo much better today than I did yesterday! Ian gained another ounce yesterday. He's up to 5lb 14oz. YAY! He gained 3 ounces in the last 3 days!! I am no longer stressed about his weight. The doctor's office called yesterday to ask if I wanted to bring him in for another weight check. I told them that he was doing much better this week and that I was weighing him every day. It's much easier to weigh him at home. Going to the doctor's office takes at the very minimum one hour including driving time, and that's not including the time it takes to get the kids bundled up and such. Speaking of weight gain, I weighed Nadia yesterday, and she's up to 26lbs 6oz. She certainly feels heavy compared to her almost 6lb brother!

These last two pictures were taken yesterday. Nadia asks me many times a day to hold her brother. I take that as a good sign that she's warming up to the idea that he's joined our family!

No comments: