This morning I was able to cross one more thing off my to do list as I bought 5 airline tickets from Baltimore to New Orleans. It will be the first time Nadia gets her own seat on an airplane. Ian, the sixth passenger in our group, is still able to fly free. We are flying Southwest as their fare was the cheapest even before you factor in the fact that they don't charge for luggage. Each item that's completed toward that trip (last month it was getting Ian's passport in the mail) makes the trip seem more real. We're excited about going on our very first cruise! I still need to book our one night hotel stay in New Orleans and also plan our excursions for the 4 places we are visiting. None of us have ever been on a cruise before, and I'm the only one who has ever been to New Orleans. One question I have would be whether or not to bring car seats for Ian and Nadia? If we take a taxi from the airport to our hotel, do we need car seats for that? I would rather not bring them if we don't have to.
The temperatures aren't supposed to get quite as high today as they were yesterday, but it's still a very pretty day for November. I have work this afternoon so we had to go this morning. We had a great time at the park! Ian still loves the see saw. Tomorrow I have faculty meeting in the afternoon and Saturday I'm speaking at a conference in the afternoon. Thankfully the conference is being held only about 30 minutes from our house. I guess if we want to go to the park we'll have to go in the mornings again the next two days. I wish we were experiencing the temps that those in the midwest have been having lately in the 70's. Wow that's really nice for November! Yesterday was the first day since September 29 that the neighbors watched the kids. Hopefully this arrangement will work until December 10. Paul can watch the kids the 3 nights I go on campus to give final exams the week of December 13.
Last night there were definitely some empty seats. I felt badly that a few of my students missed out due to not having a ticket as there was definitely room for them. He lectured for an hour and then opened it up for questions. I was impressed with the questions a couple of my students asked him. I was shocked at how many of those in attendance left as soon as the lecture was over (didn't stay for the Q&A). I have to say I felt better about the fact that the students seem to want to leave class ASAP. If they want to dash out when Dr. Gardner is speaking, it's no wonder they are wanting to dash out as soon as they think Dr. Kennedy's class is over. I can say with assurance from my experience teaching in Beijing that if Dr. Gardner were speaking in Asia that no one would have left until the event was totally over (about 40 minutes after the time when many left).
No comments:
Post a Comment